Low cost, easy to use acoustic chronograph

riflesonly

Official LRH Sponsor
https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-kit/superchrono.html

This is the link to a new chronograph recently tested at Rifles Only. This is an acoustic chronograph that does not depend on lighting or a small reading area. I shot a 308 over it as we'll as +P handgun. This unit read every time. I also tested it down range at the target. I am sold on this unit. It fits in your glove box or pack, has no wires and is intuitively easy to use.
Check it out!

Jacob Bynum
Director
Rifles Only Inc

This looks interesting.

Is the unit to be placed downrange and shot over?

Could you give a method of how it is used.

I've been looking to replace the one that I have.

It can be placed near the muzzle for an initial velocity or placed down range for those velocities. I have used it at the muzzle and at 100 yards with great success. Because the reading area is so big, I am going to use it at 500 and 800 meters in the next few days

The best part is that there are no screens, no wires. It works off of the acoustic signature of the bullet. As stated on the site, the projectile must be supersonic for a reading.

The upside is the fact that it is a small unit, that is ready to use in seconds!

There are so many times that with other chronographs, I have failed to use them because it was such an ordeal to set them up.

this one solves that. You place it along the line of the bullet, turn it on and shoot. The reading area is enormous compared to optical chronographs.

When done, put it back in the glove box and that's it.

Another upside is that when I go to a remote location to shoot, I don't have to worry about extra space to haul a big chronograph with all the extra accessories. This unit is self contained. Easy!

I hope this helps. Feel free to call me tomorrow if I can answer any more questions
Jacob Bynum
361-522-4165

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts