lots of interst, lots to trade

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt' started by grit, Apr 21, 2008.

1. grit

grit Well-Known Member

I'll just make a list of some interests and some things I could trade.

THINGS TO TRADE:
    Teaching: Long range archery or rifle, elk calling, predator calling, horsemanship, horse packing, horse training, horse shoeing,

Services: Hunt filming, Guiding ( I'm familiar with some great deer and elk areas in Utah and Colorado), horse packing, spike camp / drop camp, game recovery, construction services.

Stuff: Rustic furniture, custom packsaddles

STUFF I'D LIKE TO HUNT: Bighorn sheep, black bear, cougar, elk, antelope, mulies, whitetail......

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Fascinating, I'll be watching this thread.

3. magicofmt

magicofmt Well-Known Member

Grit, how hard is it to draw tags in Utah for your guided hunting spots for Muleys?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  4. grit

grit Well-Known Member

Magic,

First, I want to clarify that I am not a quide. Just do a lot of hunting, am outfitted well, and have some good experience.

Utah deer tags:
    1. In Utah one must choose a single limited entry specie to apply for each year (elk, deer, or antelope). I choose to put in for elk each year.

2. Limited entry tags take ten years or more for residents to draw. I don't know draw odds for non residents. My personal favorite is the Henry's.

3. I hunt the dedicated hunter program. This allows me to hunt deer during the archery, muzzleloader, and rifle general seasons.

4. I am familiar with some great areas in the central and southern general season areas.

5. The draw is in january-february. I believe you would draw a tag the first or second year.

6. There are probably left over archery tags. If you archery hunt, I much prefer the archery hunt. The tags are statewide, the season is long, and there are a lot more deer out.

5. bighornbob

bighornbob Well-Known Member

Grit,
    I am a sucker for archery mulies. I have super whitetail in central Illinois. The area my land is located is managed for large mature bucks. The land owners here are dedicated to large deer. I also have a world class area in eastern Colorado for prairie puppies. Bring extra barrels. Please contact if you have any interst. You can email me, Bob at eurosport@comcast.net

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  6. grit

grit Well-Known Member

Bob,
    I see I missed this by a month. These threads need something to notify you if you get a response. Let's talk.

7. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Well, actually there is such a feature but you had it disabled in your User Control Panel. I fixed it for you so you will now automatically be notified by email whenever a reply is made to a thread where you have previously posted.

8. jimbo300

jimbo300 Well-Known Member

And what a great feature it is, Thanks Len.

9. MontanaWolf

MontanaWolf Member

Howdy Grit,
    I would love to learn some horsemanship & packing techniques. I live near Helena MT & always travel back & forth to CA so maybe we can hook up sometime along I-15 to see what we can do for each other. Just PM me. Blessings
    MW