Lost River J40s Anyone shot these?

trader388

I've heard they shoot like a turd.
grin.gif

If anyone one has shot these can you please comment on their performance?

Mono metal... I have heard some bad things too... for the price, yikes...!!

I'll stick with Bergers and SMK's

i tried some a couple years ago and they were the worst shooting bullets i've ever tried.the owner worked with me and refunded my money when i gave up on them.i was using a stock remington and with copper bullets,the fit of the bullet to the bore is critical.if your bore is a couple thousands too large,forget it.also if the muzzle end of the barrel is larger than the breach,copper's will also never shoot.if your bore is a good fit to the bullet,they'll probably shoot very well.
try the groove bullets.they have an excellent reputation for accuracy and a better bullet for killing big game is not made. #1 whitetail

I have shot the target bullett and the hunting bullet as well and they shot sub sub
minute for me out of factory Mod.116 Savage.
But this could have went the other way, the bore dimesions were a perfect fit for the bullets to perform their best.Shame the manufacturer can't produce them at a cheaper rate!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.