Lost a good friend today.

Coyboy

Well my life was better having him here for the last three and a half years. But sadly as happens to all good dogs they seem to go quick.

Skipper my Jack Russel, died today after being struck by a car. He usually spent a few days a week at the shop and a few days a week at the nieghbors farm playing with their dogs. Today he spent the day at the farm. The hired man said their dogs were swimming in the creek and Skip, not being to fond of water, walked around on the highway bridge and was struck.

We live on a rural highway that traffic moves about 70mph on, and that dosen't jive well with independent mutts. He was hit last year,but not bad and recovered on his own. That kept him off the roads, but not today.

The thing he enjoyed most was hunting coyotes in North Dakota. For a small dog he was very aggressive with coyotes, he would track and run down wounded yotes and attack them. usually holding them at bay if need be for another bullet.

Great dog, another one thats not replacable. Kids are pretty bent up.

Thanks Guys, The only good that comes out of this, is it's an example to my kids why they need to stay off the road, I used to ride my bike all over when I was a kid. I don't know if thats wise these days, not much courtisy on the roads anymore.

That and I drove up on the sceine of a motrist/bike accident 18 years ago. Fatal for the twelve year old, I was the second vehicle to stop before EMS arived. The first driver was trying cpr on a corpse, local kid, I knew his oldest sister, poor familly the boy delivered papers in town every am. That image is as clear as yesterday. Motorist wouldn't get out of his van to see what he did. Inatentive driving, but he blamed the sun being in his eyes. To bad the kid lay dead in the shadow of a bluff when I arrived. 1/2 hour later he was in the sun.

Having been in a similar situation of loosing a "once in a lifetime" dog, we feel your sorrow.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

*Prairie Princess*

Jim,

I am truly sorry for your loss. Those little Jack Russells have the heart of a lion and tons of personality. He's in good hands now and one day you will be reunited with him. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Brian

Recent Posts