Loose Badgers?

Toes,
Dammit, that must be how come I keep losing NXS scopes! Come to think of it, a bunch of guys at our range use Badgers and there are always scopes all over the ground
grin.gif

Seriously, not a chance - ain't gonna happen.

Never heard of such a thing...I tighten/torque mine...whack them a few times to seat them and then verify tight with the torque wrench. Don't see how they'd come loose.

Kinda what I was thinkin' guys. Hey Ian, what took 'ya so long to respond? Some of the tactical types over on the 'Hide' are talking about problems they have had. And Ian, send me that address, like to find me some of them Nightforce scopes that are just lying around!

You can tell 'em I've got a couple sets of Dovetail rings I'll trade them for their Badgers, no screws to come loose on these sweet things either.
grin.gif
grin.gif

PS. If there's more than a couple takers, I'll have more to trade too, just give me a chance to get to Wally World first.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Littletoes,
What every body said is right- no way in hell.
The problem over on the hide is being addressed. Kinda the the nut behind the rings... er... wheel.
grin.gif

Seriously, the owner-Marty Bordson stands 8' away all day long and I know his rings inside and out. If they are mounted according to Marty's specs not even Marines can break 'em!!!
grin.gif

Chris

The same thing can be said about any quality steel rings and bases. If tightened properly, they will not loosen under heavy use. If really concerned, a dab of blue locktite and worries are gone.

For me, Burris Sig rings are equal to any on the market today. I doubt that even a marine is going to shear over 1/2 inch of steel.

Anyone have their rings/scope slip with those inserts? Doubt it.

Jerry

Jerry
Your right the burris signature's (in the weaver style) are the best "factory" ring.
If somebody doesn't want to shell out the big bucks for Badger's, NF, etc, the Burris are the way to go.
Chris

Toes,
You got me figured out, I do like Badgers. They do a job for me since I test scopes etc. and they let me move from gun to gun so easily. Anything with Weaver bases, have to admit to putting them on in-line muzzle-loaders and even a semi-auto .22 for shooting tetst
smile.gif

Shot a new in-line called the Evolution yesterday down in Minneapolis, you ever hunt with a muzzloader? Brand new gun from Knight Rifles - plus a new caliber - the .52 which shoots a 375 grain Barnes hollowpoint - nastiest in-line made.

Ian, its about time you started telling us about your tests! I know you have tested scopes too. Think I will own a nightforce one day too, but for now its Luppy's. They're not that bad either! If you want to build a hell'uf a scope start with a Luppy, then add. Its an evolution thing, and we just keep winning.

Toes,
I am very fortunate to own several Leupolds, ranging from 4x compacts to the 16x Mk4's. You are right, they are great scopes that will not let a person down.

Never had a problem that required a return, but am confident that their service sets the standard that the other guys had to emulate.

Right now my most used rifles have NXS's on them, and the new Nikon Tacticals - and the 16x MK4's. The big MK4's get lots of use and they are totally relialble. NXS is a great scope, but so are the Nikons and the VariXlll LR series for this long stuff. Also use Burris Black Diamond a lot, like the scope, its optics but not the turrets - just not up to what the other guys give you.

Hope you get an NXS, they are solid scopes, but not the best - there ain't no best as far as I'm concerned.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.