looking to buy a Picatinny Rail and scope mounts whats a good brand

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by bigrich954rr, Sep 2, 2005.

1. bigrich954rr

bigrich954rr Well-Known Member

im looking to buy a Picatinny Rail whats a good brand for solid mount and one for quick release. this is for reminton 700 action . i also have a remington 504 rimfire i would like to put a rail on it. would i be able to buy one for a remington 700 action and have new holes drilled in it, to match the holes in the rimfire action ?

2. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

Midway (midwayusa.com) sells picatinny rails made by Badger Ordnance that will fit the remmy action. They are not cheap, about $145, but are good. I have them on three different rifles. I don't know about the rimfire though, Badger may make one??? Midway also has Badger Ordnance rings.

Night Force also makes Picatinny rails and rings of excellent quality. Check with Dan Lilja at Lilja Precision rifle barrels (www.riflebarrels.com).

3. pc

pc Well-Known Member

I use badger on my rem 700 varmint guns and I like there stuff, night force are also top of the range stuff as is smith industries, farrel & near.