Looking for LR shooting video series.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by o2bwest, Apr 30, 2014.

1. o2bwest

o2bwest Well-Known Member

What's a good instructional video series for LR shooting? Preferably something on You Tube.

2. 7magcreedmoor

7magcreedmoor Well-Known Member

Check out THLR.NO on youtube. He also posts here from time to time. Great quality of production, English translations on each edition. And the Norwegian scenery is just beautiful.

3. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

This by far.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNoq5KMnZXE]Holland Long Range Shooting School-The Prone Position - YouTube[/ame]

4. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

5. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

ditto TiborasaurusRex on Youtube. I don't agree with everything he says and does but it sure is a good starting place for anyone with an interest in rifles and long range. Sometimes a little long winded but fun to watch.

6. barnesuser28

Just out of curiosity, what dont you agree with?

7. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

I use Redding and Forster for reloading. I look at hand-loading a little differently than he does.

8. barnesuser28

I agree, i try to be a little more advanced in my reloading, but IIRC, he said it was a beginners guide to reloading, and would go more in depth later.

9. Fergus Bailey

Fergus Bailey Well-Known Member

Firstly, I like to think I know a bit about long range hunting and shooting - not trying to come across as arrogant when I say that, just trying to make the point that I feel as though I am in a reasonable position to judge the various content out there.

A few years ago, I heard a lot of good things about the TiborasaurusRex videos, so went and took a look at a number of his videos. I have not agreed with many of his conclusions or recommendations on the 5 or so of his videos that I watched, so haven't bothered to watch any more.

I would recommend THLR.NO for sure, but not a fan of TiborasaurusRex I'm afraid.

10. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

Thanks, I am going to lookup THLR.NO