Looking for info on 30-378 WBY Imp 50 degree shoulder.

osok666

Does anyone here fire this round ? I'm considering rebarreling my Accumark. Any info would be helpfull. Forming the case, velocities, is it worth it over the factory round. Help me decide. lightbulb

Last edited:
Does anyone here fire this round ? I'm considering rebarreling my Accumark. Any info would be helpfull. Forming the case, velocities, is it worth it over the factory round. Help me decide. lightbulb

I went through two barrels on my 30-378 and it was ready for a third when i sold it. But anyway I ask this question today to older long time gunsmith and wildcat shooter. He said just what I said: "WHY?" The venturie shoulder might cause more brass flow in the neck and shoulder. I don't think I ever had to trim the case, they had other problems and I just threw them away.

I only really shot 210 SPBT 220 spbt and 240 match king.

As for velocity. to begin with you only have a 400 shot barrel at best. I only did enough chrono time to get scope doping and ballistic tables figured out with relatively case friendly near max loads.

I had a 28 inch barrel + two inch brake. If you wanted more speed try a longer barrel.

I really considered changing it to a 338-378 optimized for 275 - 300 grain pills and then you would really have a weapon.

Last edited:
400 shots on your 30-378?

My accumark was nearing 1000 shots when I worked up this load

target001-1-2.jpg

That said, its getting a 33 barrel soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.