Looking for hi-end scope with no left side turret.

orangeride

I'm left handed and have been fooling around for years to get my rem 700 .338 rum to consistently and cleanly eject empties. My swar z-6 2.5-15x56 is mounted in a picatinny rail and I've tried
Messing around with the ejector springs. I've got it so it's working ok, but not like it should. To me it just seems simpler to switch to a scope with no turret on the left side. Does anybody know of a high end (aka, ziess, swar, etc) scope in the 3-18 range with no Turret on the left? Thanks

Do you mean paralax adjustment on the left? There are some scopes that have an AO adjustment on the objective end of the scope. You will have to reach farther to adjust the paralax. The only other way is to move the ejector position on the bolt face so that it flips the case out at a different angle. I think most gunsmiths could do this for you.

That stinks, i'm really suprised by that, i'm a southpaw & haven't had that trouble with 4 Savages, 3 Remingtons & a Ruger... maybe it is the scope??

If you're wanting "high-end" look no further than the USO non-tpal, they are AO so there is no paralax knob on the turret housing.

Not sure if you mean the windage turret or the paralax.
If you talking about windage turret I have never seen anything like that.
US optics does makes custom scopes could try calling them up and see if its doable.
It will probably be really expensive because that would be outside of their normal offerings.
so its probably a better idea just to use whats out there.
If its paralax your talking about USO has the ERGO AO adjustment.

Last edited:
I don't think he's referring to the windage turret (wrong side of scope), the OP is a south paw, which means the shells eject on the left ; i think he is having trouble with the shell hitting the parallax adjustment and falling back into the action.

Ya it's the parrelex adj turret on the left side. I talked to my smith about moving the location of the ejector on the bolt face and he didn't seem to keen on the idea! I'll look into the USO scope. If anyone knows of a smith who's messed with the ejector location please forward his name. Thanks guys

I was just checking out the USO scopes. Looks like that may be my answer. How do the USO compare optically to the best ziess and swar?

Ah I misread your post earlier for some reason I thought you wanted to have the windage moved around because your lefty.

**** cell phones make it hard to read sometimes hahah. :rolleyes:

As for USO glass quality I have no idea I am going to go look at one soon.
I would think for the price its on par with the zeiss and swaros but probably not the zeiss hensoldt.
Glass is something thats very individual based when you talk about scopes in the same price range.
I recently posted a thread on here about the sn-3 there was only one guy who replied I think his name was Jackel could try to PM him about that.

And I dont know of any one whos moved the ejector I can see why your gunsmith is not crazy about doing it ones you start modifying stuff like that its up in the air what could happen to your gun.

Last edited:
I can tell you this, I am gearing up to sell my brand new MK 4 to fund a USO purchase if that tells you anything.

This may be a sin on LRH:D but check out Snipers Hide for uber info on the USO's. They are considered one of the top tier choices for glass with Hensoldt, Premier & Schmidt & Bender. So I am pretty certain they are on par with Zeiss & Swaro; not to mention they are THE MOST customizable scope on the market (i'm particularly fond the internal ACD & EREK knobs).

Don't forget my favorite attribute of USO scopes... MADE IN THE USA

BTW... Ian was right, it is the ERGO style AO (I didn't say that when I first posted) while the T-PAL is side focus

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.