looking for help

wbgnt

hi everyone my nate is nate i'm looking to plan a elk hunting trip 2010 and looking for help. i went to colorado in 2008 and had no luck but saw a few just looking to some help on this trip the last one was very last minute about a week in advance so this year i would like to have a better idea of what im getting myself into going. looking forward to hearing from everyone thanks nate

Guided or non-guided?
In Colorado again or another state?
Monstermulys website has draw odds if your interested or have points.

sorry im looking for a non guided hunt unless the price is right and i am open to the state that i go to just hoping to fill a tag. also im open to it being archery or gun.

Last edited:
sorry im looking for a non guided hunt unless the price is right and i am open to the state that i go to just hoping to fill a tag. also im open to it being archery or gun.

Bull, or would cow-only be acceptable?

Some outfitters run "almost" guaranteed cow elk hunts for great prices.

If you Google "Colorado (or New Mexico, or whatever) cow elk hunt" you will get plenty of responses. I've seen $600-1200 depending on what is included. I'd start there and then call some of the outfitters to find out what the hunt is like.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.