Looking for help on trail cams.

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
To all,

I am looking for reviews on trail cameras. What you like about yours, what you dont like. Are they reliable, do they work at night, how, ect...

Any info or opinions are very welcome. I have absolutly no info on any of them and need some advice. The application is location on trails leading to water holes in Arizona. Minimal rain, but when it rains it pours.

Thanks again.

I built my own. There is a lot of information on hagshouse.com They have complete instructions and reviews.

Definaely Hagshouse. Great folks and very helpful.

I built a couple and even got one of them up and running. LOL Nothing holding the others back but procrastination.

There are seveal cameras which are easily converted and with the builders on Hag's and their kits, you could have just about anything your looking for put together in a short period of time with much less cash up front. There are also some great folks who are building some for sale on there as well. I will shoot you a few links shortly.

Another site is Jessie's Hunting and Outdoors.

Currently, commercially manufactured trailcams are inferior to homemade models. I have built six homebrews using Olympus D-380 cameras and Snapshot Sniper or BG-1 boards, and have them set up as we speak on my Texas deer lease. Add a 6v solar panel on a gel battery and your cam will take thousands of pics. Three good sources for do-it-yourself cams are RealDealHunting Chat, chasingame.com, and hagshouse. For the mechanically-challenged, the Moultrie 200 is an adequate budget cam available through retail channels. Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.