Looking for hand held weather station?

orangeride

I'm just getting into long range shooting. I've been fooling around with the ballistic FTE app on my I phone. From what I've read it runs on the JBM ballistic model. A couple of questions. Which hand held weather station gives me all I need, and which one is the easiest to use. Next question, What is the difference between absolute pressure and altitude density? And is station pressure the same as absolute pressure? Thanks guys, Aaron

Kestrel Wind Speed Meter | Pocket Weather Meters | Free Shipping , They make weather stations.

You either plug in your altitude and use the sea level corrected density given on
the weather channels or , as with a kestrel, leave alt. shut off in your program and
enter your actual pressure reading. the short of it.

There is a icon in the upper rt corner of the hud settings that should dial up and get the weather for you on an iphone. I use a ipod so no love for me.

Thanks man. If you've got wi-fi your I-pod can pull up the same info for that App. Do you think the Kestrel is the best, or is there other options? Take it easy. Aaron

I use the weather app but it won't go get it from the button in HUD. I have to enter
it before switching to heads up. The kestrel is about all most shooters use.

For the purpose of ballistic performance density altitude is relevant to determining how "heavy" or "light" the air is in under your current conditions. As a pilot, the number is critical in determining the planes performance as it is in ballistics. Since I rarely carry my flight calculator on hunting trips, I use a simple free program for my iPhone listed as "DenAlt" in the App Store. Works fine for my purposes in doping a shot.

Len, is the 3500 that much more useful for shooting than the 2500? If so how? I am looking at the 2500 NV right now and it seems to fit all the needs for accurate doping.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts