Looking for full length(.375H&H) magnum actions

DanielLudwig

what all should i be looking at, im looking at the ZKK-602/CZ550, Mark X Whitworth, Model 70 Supergrade, and the Ultra Mag 700s, what other full length magnum actions are out there?
thanks!
Dan

Anything that will operate a 300Wby or 340Wby or 416 Rem.

you are looking for a 0.532 bolt face and a 2.8 case length

Sako-- L61 I believe.

Ruger

Wby obviously

I found what im looking for, Charles Daly imports a 375 H&H length commercial Mauser very similar to the old Mark X Whitworth. I can pick up a brand new one in the white for about $400. 3.6875" magazine. Too bad i havent heard anything good about the Montana actions, they make a professional hunter action with a 4" mag box, double square bridge and all.
Oh well, least i found a decent action for decent money.
later
Dan

Midway has Remington 700 long actions with mag bolt face for $439.00. Remington is like a chevy small block. Lots and lots of aftermarket parts to choose from.

Easy for a gunsmith to work on.

I have an FN action in the shop right now. Might have been smarter of me to have thrown it in the trash and started fresh with a Rem 700. Time will tell.

[ QUOTE ]
Remington is like a chevy small block. Lots and lots of aftermarket parts to choose from.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its funny that you brought that up...I work on cars for a living and engine repair is what i specialize in...and i think i can explain why im using a commercial mauser action to you by telling you this...the last engine to grace my personal stand was a 352FE, 2x4s, solid cam, cast headers...
Im just not a "do whats popular" kinda guy.
thanks for the input though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Dan

Now you have done it.
[ QUOTE ]
...I work on cars for a living and engine repair is what i specialize in...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you live anywhere close to me? I got major problems with a 454. Go here to see the source of all my frustrations. When I am not hunting

Bob,
Im in Elizabeth, WV, about 35 minutes from Marietta, OH. I would be glad to take a listen to your problems and see if i can be of assistance.
email me @: [email protected]
or hit me up on yahoo messanger, SN is same as email
BBCs arent too tough
later
Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.