Looking for Barnes x

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Guest, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Barnes bullets have quit manufacturing the 200 gr x flat base in .338 cal.These bullets shoot extremely well in my 338 Ultra.Does anyone have an idea where I might find about 300 rounds.Barnes is unable to help me and I've tried the usual places.ie Midway,Grafs,huntington,and Wholesale hunter.They don't have any.Thanks for any help.

2. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

I ran into a similar problem with the 140 gr X in 7mm. Try Cabelas. Also, try Sportsmans Warehouse. Lots of wholesale distributors may still be sitting on a supply they didn't get rid of before they were discontinued. Have a local dealer hit the big distributors and see what happens. Good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I'll look and see what I can come up with tomorrow @ work. I think I may be able to fix you up.

4. Bullseye

Bullseye Well-Known Member

It looks like Natchez Shooters Supply www.natchezss.com might have some of what you want left. These don't specify that they are boat tails so I'm assuming they are flat base. Is this the correct product number?

Product Number: BX33882
    Product Title: BX 338CAL .338 200GR XSPIT 50/BX
    Item Price: $34.70
    Multiple Qty Discounts: 10 items at $32.99 each
    Availability: In Stock
    Shipping Weight: 1.72 lbs.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

THANKS,those are the bullets I'm looking for.I'd better stock up.

6. bailey1474

I've got 9 boxes and can beat that price by a fair amount. If your interested drop me an email: bailey1474@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
    B.J.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Bill Bailey,couldn't get your e-mail to work

8. bailey1474

I don't know why it appears to be correct. You might try again or give me your email and I'll give you the price. I just don't know what the rules are around here. Don't want to get banned. I can tell you it will save you quite abit.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. bailey1474

Sent email