Looking for affordable 416 bullets

blackco

I am considering building a big-bore rifle in the near (hopefully)future. The main purpose for this gun will be blasting bowling balls and ice blocks, maybe shooting an occasional deer or elk, and bolstering my dream of Africa. The doner action is a Interarms Mark X 7MMMag. Up until recently I was going to just have a 458WM made but after some discussion with my smith I am considering a 416 Taylor...more discussion...question about the availability of cheap 416 bullets. There are quite a few non-premium 458 bullets out there.

Two questions:
Are there some relatively inexpensive 416 bullets out there I am missing, and does anybody have other ideas for a similar cartridge that I might have overlooked?
The limitations of the round are;
fit in a standard length action
since it is mainly a toy inexpensive components
obviously I don't mind a wildcat but I don't want complicated brass prep. Fireforming, necking up/down is fine but milling and machineing of brass is a little over my head. I guess in a nutshell I want something that is fun and interesting without too much *** pain.

Thanks in advance for any and all inputs.

check out midway.com. I saw some speer and hornady bullets in the mid 30's for 50 ct. There is a better selection and a little cheaper if you were to go the the 375 cal.

I have a 416 Rigby and would like to find some cheap bullets too! Unfortunately I have not been successful. Only way to get cheap bullets is to watch and buy in quantity during reduced price sales. At least that's been my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.