looking for a new scopes thinking about super snipers

bigrich954rr

How good are they? I know its not going to be like a NF. can they take a beating? good over all? Any other scopes close in price that are pretty good.

i like the one i have it was on my 300 rum i killed two deer with it last year one at 320. if you can live with fixed power there good scopes for the money. the glass is ok but there is a lot better out there. all in all not a bad scope

Bigrich954rr,

I have had four of them, currently still have two on my rifles. For the money very hard to beat.

paralax adjustments are not even close to what the dial says they should be but most top end scopes on the market today do not have range listings on their paralax adjustment dials anyway so if you adjust by sight they work great.

Lots of MOAs per revolution of the turret, 15 moa per revolution and alot of total moa, 105 total in the 10x and 92 in the 16x I currently have.

Reticle is nicely dimensioned, typical mil dot.

Glass wise, they are good but not great. IF your shooting in low light, do not get one higher then 10x. Clearity wise, they are not in the class of the Nightforce or even Leupold Mk4 by any means but they are 1/3 to 1/5 the price as well.

I used one on a 50 BMG for a long time and another on a 338 Kahn and never once has a problem. ADjustments are tight and actually need a bit of force to turn the turrets, I like that on a scope with exposed turrets so you do not have to worry alot about bumping the turrets out of adjustment.

All in all, for the money they are very hard to beat, probably impossible to be honest to get the combination of vertical adjustment, strength and glass quality, there is nothing out there in their price range or even up to the $600 level that will really compare.

Get one with a practical point of view and you will be very happy, think your getting a NF for $300 and you will be unhappy with some things.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.