• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a long range 22. cal

11bono

Looking to get in to a long range 22 cal. with a fast twist. Does anyone have one for sale with some life left in it to get me started. Minnesota would be nice but will ship it in if we have to. thanks

I have a savage long action trued up. threads recut, bolt way rebored to accept PTG spiral fluted bolt, highly polished with 4 ounce sharpshooter trigger. It has a newely rechambed savage factory 223 stainless barrel fluted. It is know a 22-243 ackley improved. It has a jp muzzle break. It will shoot the 80 grain a-max very well out of the 9 twist. The stock is a sharpshooter supply benchrest with three in wide fore end painted lime green. I will sell it for $800. It only has 7 rounds down the tube since rechambering. I never would of messesd with a factory barrel but it was winning matches when he took it off. If interested i will get you some pictures. My cell is 724-366-1989 Reed

what kind of recoil do they have? also ho many round can i get out of it? what kind of groups?

Give me a call and i can give u alot more info. With the break there is no recoil. You can get 3500 fps with the 80 grain a-max in a 26 inch barrel. i have only shot 7 rounds since rechambering and it shot 1/2 inch. I have a few fast twist 22 cals. A few pictures are worth a thousand words

11bono, I have two .22-243's & would possibly be inclined to sell one of them. They both are trued 700 actions with hart 8 twist barrels. Both are bedded in HS Precsion stocks. One of them is a heavy gun with a full bull barrel & opened up PSS stock & the other is one contour lighter than the remington sendero contour with a sporter HS Precsion stock. I would generally not entertain the thought of selling either but, I just bought a new f-class rig in 6.5-284 on a Surgeon target action with a McMillan F-class stock that was reallllly expensive. If your interested give me a call @ (405) 850-2239. Good Luck, Dean-o