Looking for a good set of 1" scope rings

JJMoody

Suggestions on 1" rings? Traded on here for a 28 Nosler recently and going to put on a Zeiss HD5 5-25. Rifle has a 0 min. pic rail right now. Looking at either direct mount with a 20 min or...? What are some good options?

Last edited:
My go to rings are the Burris signature zee rings, use them on all my rifles from 338 Win Mag hunting gun to my 22-250. I know some do not agree.....

I really like the Nightforce mounts. Also use a lot of Talley. There are several great options. Mostly You need to decide how much you want to spend. You do need a good solid mounting system and should not cut costs for anything on that rifle.

All looking good.... does anybody make something like the Hawkins hybrids for a 1" tube? I like the direct mount and level

Talley makes a top ring cap with a level in it for thier lightweights. I just got one for my Cooper, seems good so far. I'm sure it doesn't compare to a Hawkins though

I have Seekins 1" rings and near 20 MOA rails on 2 rifles and they're a great mount but they don't like rain at all. If you want to go long and 20MOA I would look at Warne mountain tech or Nightforce.

If you not serious about long over 600 yards I would look at Talley light weights.

Good luck and shoot straight

The pic. rail system is great. I had a set of the lightweight mounts on a carbon barrel 7mm STW improved without a break that would rock a lead sled off the bench and never had a problem with them. So the rail should hold up to anything you can throw at it I'm sure.

Last edited:
My go to rings are the Burris signature zee rings, use them on all my rifles from 338 Win Mag hunting gun to my 22-250. I know some do not agree.....

I would agree. The posts that say you have to spend lots of money. hmmm.. Not always the case. The Burris signature rings won't mar your scope and also can be purchased with offset inserts that make the 20 deg. rail issues moot. I don't know if I would use this system hunting elephant or working in Syria (but I think it would be fine), but what I DO KNOW is that the Burris Signature rings will not mess up your scope tube.

I've not had one lose center yet. 10 plus years and shooting....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.