Looking for a compact multi day pack to ride with

Madcat

Hey guys, I've been searching for a few weeks now for a replacement bag. I've been using a Wenger Maxxum for almost 11 years as a day pack and for a few overnight trips. My bag is finally falling apart (literally) and I need a new one. There are a few caveats as to what I'm looking for.

I ride a motorcycle every day and carry my bag with me. I am not a tall guy (5' 7") and the traditional tall bags that most people carry become wind sails. I will be riding my motorcycle to my hunting grounds and my wife will come by in the truck if I kill something to large for the bike to haul out. I regularly take 2-4 day hunting/camping trips and I would like a bag capable of carrying almost all of my gear, which is all lightweight backpacking equipment.

I've been looking at the TimberHawk Killshot and Rut Buster, I am trying to keep my costs down so the wife doesn't start hunting me. I've looked around a lot and i like the eberlestock bags too, but they are even more pricey than a Killshot or Rut Buster.

Do you guys have any recommendations? The Rut Buster would be a shoe in if it had another 200ci of storage space, but at 1,800ci it's right at my minimum space requirement.

I'm willing to spend the $250 on the Killshot, but I just don't want to get it and then be told that there is another pack I should have checked out/gotten. Not being able to put my hands on the different packs is really frustrating.

Take a look at the Eberlestock J34. It works as a day pay, multi-day pack and provides the flexibility to pack out your game. I really like the flexibility of this pack and I own several.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.