Looking for 240 weatherby load data.

Derek1280

Looking for load data for Berger 95 grain hunting vld. Gun is a mark v in factory configuration with 24" barrel. Also anyone know what twist was standard on these rifkes

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 440
Last edited by a moderator:
Also anyone know what twist was standard on these rifkes

240 Weatherby - 1 in 9-1/2"... .Weatherby Mark V

You can also use a cleaning rod with a fairly tight patch to establish the twist rate of your barrel.

There is load data listed on the internet or call Berger to get the best information from the manufacturer. I have used the 95 for some shooting but I'm basically standardized on the 105's which perform the best in my rifle and set-up with a 26"barrel. I have been running Re-25 but I'm testing Re-23 and Re-26 now. Ramshot Magnum is excellent as well.

The 240 Weatherby and the 6mm Rem. AI (Crusader) usually run neck and neck in my rifles.

Regards.

I made a load for 95gr vlds, I believe 52 gr h4831, don't remember the coal. If you start at 50gr of 4831 and work up you should be okay

240 Weatherby - 1 in 9-1/2"... .Weatherby Mark V

You can also use a cleaning rod with a fairly tight patch to establish the twist rate of your barrel.

There is load data listed on the internet or call Berger to get the best information from the manufacturer. I have used the 95 for some shooting but I'm basically standardized on the 105's which perform the best in my rifle and set-up with a 26"barrel. I have been running Re-25 but I'm testing Re-23 and Re-26 now. Ramshot Magnum is excellent as well.

The 240 Weatherby and the 6mm Rem. AI (Crusader) usually run neck and neck in my rifles.

Regards.[/QUOTE

I have three Weatherbys, I don't bother measuring to the lands. I start with max magazine length. Test some loads by moving in .2-.3 in. Vlds are finicky about seating depth, but with a little seating depth adjustments you'll find a sweet spot.

Thanks for the info guys
I have three Weatherbys, I don't bother measuring to the lands. I start with max magazine length. Test some loads by moving in .2-.3 in. Vlds are finicky about seating depth, but with a little seating depth adjustments you'll find a sweet spot.
a

I have the 240 Weatherby's ballistic twin the 6mm-284. The case capacities are almost identical. 240 is 65 gr water, 284 win case is 66. Not positive what the 6mm-284 would be but bet it is not much different.

I use RL-17:

95 gr classic hunter and 51 gr of RL-17 Fed 210 3495 fps

I would suggest you start around 47 gr and work up.
---------------------
If this makes you uncomfortable Nosler has quite a few loads published here:

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/240-weatherby-magnum/

------------------------------

Hodgdon fastest loads is with H4831 with 90 gr with 55 gr and 100 gr with 53 gr as max loads.

--------------
You could always consult Berger but expect their loads to be anemic.

240 Wby, 26" 8 twist.

Rl 26, F210, Coal 3.15" Berger 95 classic hunter.
55gr 3,411
56gr 3,490 - warm load, and 55 gave better accuracy.

Like everyone says, all chambers are different, start lower.....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.