Looking at getting a press, Thinking about the Redding T-7 turret?????

hillajam

Anyone had any experiance with the Redding Model T-7 Turret press. Me and my buddy AJ are doing some research on it and I just wanted to hear from anyone who had used one and what they thought. I like it because when you get your dies set you don't have to move them. I can set three different calibers up with both seating and sizing dies and not have to change once they are set. Let me know if this is a good press guys.
Thanks

Re: Looking at getting a press, Thinking about the Redding T-7 turret?

Bought my son one of those. I use it more than my older, well really old, RCBS JR. but the Jr doesn't flex as does the turret. However, the turret wabble diesn't seem to affect much. Maybe I just don't know how to tighten or adjust the top. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Anyway, I like it.

For the utmost in accuracy stay w/ a single stage press like the rock chucker or others. It's not hard to change a die out anyways.

I have a T7 press and love it. I have shot 1/4" groups with my CZ 22-250 using this press. This is a great press.
Jerry

I use the redding turret and I think it is a very good press wouldn't trade for anything on the market at this time. I shoot .3 groups all day long with my 223 I don't feel this is inaccurate just as an example.

RH

The only thing I was concerned about is that the top might have some movement because it's changeable. Doest it move when you are using it?

For long range accuracy I would stay away from a turret press. Take a look at the Forester Co-Ax.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts