• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Longshot Precision Weatherby Mark V 338 Lapua Improved McMillan Near Brux Timney

Autorotate

$4350 shipped insured in a hard plastic case inside a cardboard rifle box

Built by Joe Starnes of Longshot Precision

Weatherby Mark V 9 lug Chromoly Action
Brux Medium Palma (shank extended 1/2") 28" finish
Holland QD Radial Muzzle Brake
McMillan A5 two flush cups left side pillar/Devcon bedded
Timeny Trigger adjusted to 1#
Weatherby Mag Drop Box +1 Capacity Kit (Bottom metal)
Near Mfg 30 MOA Base (devcon bedded)
Ross Tactical Bolt knob (same one the factory is putting on the "Tactical" Mark Vs now)
NF LW rings
Level
NXS 5.5-22x50 NPR1 10 MOA knobs No Zero Stop

800 rounds through the gun using 300 grainers and Retumbo and N570. Rate of fire never exceeded 15 rounds an hour.

Low 2900s to 2950 is what I saw with the 300 grainers and the above two powders. It shoots as straight as you can hold it. For me that's a 1/2 MOA at 200 yds during load development on paper, and 1 MOA first round cold bore hits at 1K+ on steel.

15 lbs with the optic

Chamber is setup so you can fire factory loaded SAAMI Lapua ammo...out comes a fire formed case.

Redding Custom shop Type S FL sizer with nk bushing capability, and a Redding Comp Series Seater that had the sliding sleeve reamed with the finish reamer.

Lucas bore guide

PTG removable pilot finish reamer (print attached).

You'd be over 5K pretty quick, and over a 12 month lead on some of the components. You might be told differently....but the reality will be you will spend/wait more than you expect.

For the right deal, I could cut a great deal on components as well (fireformed brass, bullets, etc) so you can go boom out of the box.

If you want to get into LR/ELR out of the box...no wait, with dies load data...here it is. With just enough time to practice this summer for the fall.

No trades, or Paypal. Cash or check.

First go around will be to sell the complete rig....before breaking it up.

Thanks for looking.

20130610_144842-XL.jpg

20130610_144914-XL.jpg

20130610_144809-XL.jpg

20130610_144702-XL.jpg

20130610_145449-L.jpg

i-W27QRtd-L.jpg

i-htNzW94-L.jpg

i-BgMxQHD-L.jpg

i-rVt5sKQ-L.jpg

I will now consider payment via Paypal.

And will also break up the rifle/optic/optic mounting.

The 30 MOA Near base will need to stay with the rifle as it's bedded for that action.

Redding Custom Die Set + Forester Seater reamed with finish reamer + Redding body die moddified for Redding bushings by JLC precision + Lucas Bore Guide + Rifle= $3350

Will sell the optic/rings seperately in a another thread once the rifle sells, so please no offers on the optic/ring for now.

Thanks for looking.

Autorotate is good to go. I have purchased rifles from him in the past and they were top quality rifles priced at a real value. The builder of this rifle is the same that built my .338 LM and it is a real shooter.

Buy with confidence here. The seller is 100% genuine.

Jeff

Delete the comment above reference accepting Paypal...I was ignorant that this isn't a smart thing to do. I prefer cash, check, money order anyways...so please disregard the Paypal comments...it's not an acceptable method of payment for this transaction.

Redding Custom Die Set + Forester Seater reamed with finish reamer + Redding body die moddified for Redding bushings by JLC precision + Lucas Bore Guide + Rifle= $3150

Redding Custom Die Set + Forester Seater reamed with finish reamer + Redding body die moddified for Redding bushings by JLC precision + Lucas Bore Guide + Rifle= $3000

PLEASE use the email link below if your interested.

Thanks for looking gun)

Redding Custom Die Set + Forester Seater reamed with finish reamer + Redding body die moddified for Redding bushings by JLC precision + Lucas Bore Guide + Rifle= $3000

Thanks for looking gun)

Guys this rifle is still for sale.

Finish reamer, scope and rings, are also available. If you have a specific inquiry, the best way to communicate with me is by clicking on the email link in my signature block below. That will be the quickest way, and get you the best deal :rolleyes:

PM is hard to keep up with.

My only motivation to sell, is to thin my herd down, and dedicate my efforts to fewer rifles. This rifle is hard for me to sell...as it's such a performer!

I'll end up keeping one of the three that I've got posted....so the first two to sell will tell me which on I'm keeping.

Thanks for the interest!

Redding Custom Die Set + Forester Seater reamed with finish reamer + Redding body die moddified for Redding bushings by JLC precision + Lucas Bore Guide + Rifle= $2900

Thanks for looking gun)