LongRifles, Inc- Rem 700P rebarrel

Vantastic

Its my first post, but I wanted to show off my improved boom stick.

I had the special liberty to spending the day with an expert a few days ago. Chad Dixon of LongRifles, Inc. replaced my Remingtion 700 Police barrel. The only reason I replaced the barrel was because I wanted a 1/10 twist instead of the factory 1/12 twist, but I was able to get about 1700 rounds through the barrel before removing it. First let me say, Chad is a "Professional" by all means. He isn't that typical ego Gunsmith who takes your money and asks you leave and you'll get it when I'm done. These photos don't do the workmanship justice by all means. He really takes his time measuring twice making sure every cut is where he wants it. It really was a joy spending time watching the process.

DSC04261.jpg

The barrel is a Lilja 30 caliber finished around 26 inches. 1/10 twist rate. Chambered in 308 Winchester.

DSC04259.jpg

LongRifles, Inc. logo neatly and modestly placed.

DSC04258.jpg

Recessed barrel crown, because I throw my gun around like I'm running from the INS. Don't get me wrong I take care of my rifles, but they aren't a princess.

DSC04257.jpg

Caliber neatly on the side, those are small bits of dirt and not dents in the barrel. This picture makes it look like Wincheeter. I promise it is an "S."

www.LongRiflesInc.com

I'm not really one to promote/advertise for anyone, but he truly made this a worth wild cost effective upgrade.

Well I was able to shoot if for the first time. It was about 30 degrees out, winds calm. Maybe a 1mph left to right. I only had time for 25 rds. Breaking in barrels eat up time.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Took 5 rounds at 50 yards to get on the paper. Once dialed in took it to 100 yards. I fired 5 rounds and swabbed the barrel in three sets. Fired two for a final scope zero. Then shot my three round group and managed .335 MOA group. You guys need to see the paper? I'm just being lazy to take them but I did get pictures of the muzzle. lol

DSC04264.jpg

That is a nice rifle and when I burn my 308 barrel, i will replace it with another. My barrel is also a 700P. However, for now it shoots great with about 800 rounds down the tube.

Chad Dixon is one of the nicest guys, with some of the best equipment and outstanding skills. I would recommend his services any time! Nice rifle, Vantastic! I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it!

Cinch, Vantastic, you guys have hit the proverbial "nail" on the head, Chad is awesome & a very skilled 'smith. He's installing a PTG bolt & A5 w/detachable mag system on my 6-284 as we speak, he's never too busy to answer your questions & always willing to go the extra mile..... or two...

LOL.... what started as a small "work over" ended up as nearly an entire rebuild... those of you who haven't had the chance to work with Chad, I hightly recommend you give him a call before your next build.

Great rifle! I was in Chad's shop when Outlaw6.0 gun was there, and several others. The work done on all was very nice. I was in the Black Hills hunting for a week and he knocked out my small job while I was there so I could avoid shipping. Great work.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.