LongRifles Inc- Defiance 300WM AIAX

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Outlaw6.0, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Gents,

One of my employees wanted to get into the LR game & asked me to get a build going for him, here it is.

Action- Defiance Deviant (these things are BAD ASS)
    Barrel- Obermeyer 5R- MTU Contour 1-10"
    Brake- Badger FTE
    Trigger- Jewell HVR
    Chassis- AIAX 300WM
    Optics- NXS 5.5-22x56 NP-R1

Please Excuse my Cell Phone Pics- It seems I can't remember my camera on range days :rolleyes:

I thought the Spiral fluting coming out of the AX handguard really looks good.

PS- Yes, those are Burris XTR rings. I forgot to order a set of quality rings & these are the only ones I had on hand that were tall enough to clear the AX chassis. They WILL be replaced shortly.

Attached Files:

2. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

Very nice! I love the look of the chassis and the thin helical flutes. Is that cerakote? What color? I see you have some empty brass laying on the ground.... how does she shoot?

3. Outlaw6.0

Believe me, the flutes look WAY better in person.

That is Graphite Black CeraKote, very sexy finish.

She's a heavy pig but recoil is VERY mild. Factory 190grain GMM is rocking ~1/2moa.

t

4. barnesuser28

Ive seen some other rifles with that graphite black cerakote and it is really growing on me. Hows the Obermeyer cleaning up? Mute question? :) It looks like a "snipers hide" rifle, but it doesnt have GAP stamped on it. LOL

5. Outlaw6.0

I've got two other Oby's in 6.5 & 7mm. I can't complain. Besides, Boots is the "inventor" of 5R. He's probably forgotten more about building a barrel than most will ever know.

I've never owned a GAP, with the work Chad does, I doubt I ever will. It's nice to have a top tier gunsmith 90 minutes from my driveway.

t

6. barnesuser28

No doubt about Boots, i have a pretty darn good smith about an hour away from me also, Nathan Dagley at Straight Shot Gunsmithing. I have seen some rifles that he has built and they are consistent 1/4 MOA shooters at 100 yards. I will be picking a rifle up from him on Wednesday, i will be sure to put a pic up.

Riley

7. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

That's one nice looking rifle!

8. Outlaw6.0

Thank you sir! I think the owner will be very pleased.

t