Longest shot?

Prarie dog-1448
Coyote-1040
Dall Sheep- 839
Whitetail- 582

All were first round kills shot with my custom 7WSM and 168 Bergers. I killed a tank a 2600 yards with a M-107 if that counts :)

My longest is 2 ghogs. First at 628 yards and the other throught the mellon at 605 yards. Shot prone with in a 300WSM. Both one shot kills. The 628 skipped in from about 12 inches, but still managed to take it right behind the shoulders. I came to find out later that it was all luck that I had hit them at all. I did some paper tests at 500yrds and it wasn't pretty. I back to trying to find a load again. Regardless of the outcome, I still think it was a heck of shot and my longest first shot hits ever.

Savage Mod 12 Low Pro
Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40 w/ target dot
65.5grns 4831sc
208 A-Max
Win brass
F215 primer

240 yards 4 point buck DRT. I looked at a nice doe at 500 this past season, but she was on the other side of a fence, where I did not have permission to hunt.

240 yards 4 point buck DRT. I looked at a nice doe at 500 this past season, but she was on the other side of a fence, where I did not have permission to hunt.

Good restraint. I like to hear stories where guys excersize good judgement when hunting. To often I hear stories of guys going on to posted ground and shooting illeagally because there is a good buck or just want to kill something. Thanks for being a good sportsmen!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.