Longest recorded rifleshot ever?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by sscoyote, Apr 12, 2004.

1. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what it is? I'm aware of Kreg Slack's 3125 yd. prairie dog, but has there been anything farther on a live target??

2. Dowierj

Dowierj Member

ya like 2700 yard, by a canadian sniper in afganistan. I dont know exactly the distance but it was with a mcMillian 50. I guess us candians can brag bout that since it broke a record from vietnam, and that was Carlos Hathcocks kill at about 2500 with a 50.

3. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

Heard he was happy to have the American ammo. Said he couldn't have done it with the Canadian stuff. It's loaded to "cool". [​IMG]

4. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>ya like 2700 yard, by a canadian sniper in afganistan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you seen the picture of this? It was floating around on the web for a while.

Strong medicine.

5. dakor

dakor Well-Known Member

Can someone tell us Craigs info with the rig he used and what type of scope? that kinda thing I cannot find anything on the net.

6. Troy

Troy Well-Known Member

7. kregg

kregg Member

you can go to my web site and see a picture of the rifle i used. www.parrysgunsmithing.com the scope was a 25x50x50mm leupold scope done by dick thomas

8. Dowierj

Dowierj Member

Not bad shootin Kregg, [​IMG]

Took the shot under combat conditions hey? That must have been really stressful having to engage a target at that distance. Looks like they were in real danger. Great work by our snipers but the media sure sucks at telling a story....

9. Randy in Va

Randy in Va Well-Known Member

Dowierj,

Couldn't help but notice the sarcasm in your last post about "must have been really stressful having to engage a target at that distance". I doubt it was stressful, but you can bet the guy on the pointy end will not be flying planes into a building, ferrying RPG's around or anything else hurtful to our country.

Please don't tell me he was just delivering the mail!

10. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Welcome Kregg.
    Hey Dakor-- check out www.slrharbor.com for the article about the two mile attempts also.

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

11. JustC

JustC Well-Known Member

dakor,..that 3125yd shot can be researched in the book "precision shooting at 1000yds". I beleive it was made with a 338lapua from some looong barrel and a scope base which looked to be 1ft in height. [​IMG]

12. dakor

dakor Well-Known Member

Thanks JustC I will have to get a copy of that book.

13. QuietHunter

QuietHunter Well-Known Member

Welcome Kregg. Nice shooting. Neat techniques.

BTW, you might want to run a spell check on your web site...

14. kregg

kregg Member

i dont see anything wrong with it, if you see something let me know. thank you