Longest Hunting Harvest on the Boards

black bear @ 408 with a 340 wby. mag using 250grn game king.... some of you guys could probably do that with throwing stars.

Javalina @ 720 with 6BR shooting 105 Berger VLD.
A few hogs at between 300 and 500 with a 280 Ackley using 160 Nosler Accubond.

-X3M

Next summer I'd like to practice out to 500 yards. I'm going to hit that long spot at our hunting grounds.

Some really impressive shots.

Tom

Mine is with a Xp-100 pistol 7.21 Lazzeroni

Buck Antelope 440yds
Doe Antelope 175yds

First big game animal Whitetail Doe 130yds T/C 30GNR

Wyoming deer with a 300Wby Mag at 327yrds.
Also shot a 55gal drum at 1760yrds twice. It was dead when we got there. It was all rusty before we got to it so we couldn't save it.

Coyote in Nevada at 500+ with a 257Wby Mag

Every trip out shooting in the field is an exercise in extending the range I feel comfortable filling a tag for those times when sneaking up on them is just not probable or possible.
Mule deer across canyon that would have been very difficult to close the distance without getting busted=620 yards
I could have filled my goat tag last year @ 56 yards but thought the buck was a little small. After watching the plateau and the valley below for more than an hour that buck was as big there was to be found so antelope buck =453 yards.
White tail deer tag was filled @ 124 yards with the 454 Super Red Hawk.
Antelope doe tags where filled a couple years ago @ 200 & 240 yards with an old sweedish carbine with open sites.

Elk- 127 yards
deer -153 yards
antelope- several in the 80-110 yard range.
Grizzly Bear- 63 yards
Prairie dog- 100 yards
These were with a bow.

My best elk was <20 yards with a bow, because I couldn't get any closer. I thought the game with archery gear was to get as close as possible.

Until I get that 300 or 338 I will just keep my kills to myself. What a way to make a new member feel welcome by bashing on him for his unethical ways.

Last edited:
Longest deer-920 yards with a M1A 308 open sights, do not remember what load.

Deer at over 700 yards with a AR15 topped with IOR CQB M4 scope, That one was with a 55 grain Wolf hp, spine shot DRT.

Shot another at 725 with a remington 700sps 300 win mag using 180 Nosler BT. DRT

Deer at over 800 with a Mosin Nagant M44 DRT.

My longest handgun kill was at 185 using a Taurus 44mag 6.5" open sights, handloaded 180xtp complete pass through, Doe.

Deer at 715 with a Tkka T3 243, 75gr v-max. Scope is a mueller TacII.
All deer recovered.

What kind of Range finder are you using?

Also, how did you develop your drop tables? Any example would be great.

Thanks,
AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.