long range

Not that I would take to a competition. I do have an AR in 5.56 but 500 yards is stretching it as I shoot cheap factory in it. It's a truck gun for pasting yotes on the ranch. Then I have a 25-06 I havent shot in years and it is out. My 17 fireball and 17 HMR, I would not feel are good choices if wind came up, plus I do not usually shoot them that far, they are 17's.

My 3 "long Range" rigs are the 6 br, the 300 win and my 338 LM. I shoot these rifles all the time. All the others are dust collectors. These 3 will do eveything I want from 100 yars to a mile plus. MY wife is 5'2" and a small framed girl. She shoots the 6 br and uses it for antelope every year. But she shot her elk with the 338 LM @ 816 yards last year. I just am not a light rifle guy. When I am hiking in past 2 miles I take the 300 win. At 12 lb it is my light carry rifle.

I respect what you are doing for the shooting community putting on this shoot. Maybe I can come to help and watch.

Jeff

well that doesnt put you out of the whole thing, just the small game. you could do the big game with the 300 rite? it is two individual courses. the small game will be going while the big game is. this will make for not soo long of a lul in shooting, so a guy isnt waiting all day with nothing to do. also i understand there may be some people that are capable for one course and not the other. maybe someone is only interested in shooting the big game or vise versa. you can still play and if you decide to bring your ar and want to fling some bullets cause the course/ targets look like they would be fun to shoot then enter when youre ready.

i want people to shoot, but if i am trying to have the closest to a hunting scenario as possible then i need to have some of the same rules as hunting.

what is the weight restriction in mt., if there is one?

also i know there will be people there shooting small game with holding over for elevation, so dont worry too much about clicking for some of the ranges. i guess with the 223 you may want to click or have some hash marks in the scope.

Just keep everyone updated. i'm down in lewiston and know some people that would probably be defenant competitors. [email protected]

As for sponsors talk to some local gun related business' that are in idaho, wash, montana. ie. Seekins Precision (lewiston), Shawn Carlock at Defensive Edge & Bat Machine (both Rathdrum, Id), Proof Research (formerly Jense Precision in Great Falls, Mt), Lone Wolf (mt), Defiance Machine (Mt). You could even try to talk to ATK (speer, rcbs, weaver, blackhawk) in Lewiston. Good move with using AR steel for the targets. Are u sure that you dont want to include the 6.5 in the small target class.

Another important thing you want to include is the number of targets there will be and how many times a person will be shooting at them. Gotta know how many rounds to bring for each gun for each class.

. Are u sure that you dont want to include the 6.5 in the small target class.

Another important thing you want to include is the number of targets there will be and how many times a person will be shooting at them. Gotta know how many rounds to bring for each gun for each class.

6.5?? I say .308 :D

I agree on the number of rounds fired, and how many in a certain length of time. As we have talked before, this is important to me as I will not shoot my barrel until it is over heated.

Jeff

Since this is going to be a hunting scenario, does this mean I can bring my long range handguns? Encore 357 Max 15", 7BR 15", 257 roberts 22"

chuck m

i was out at the big horn show yesterday and talked to a guy who i use to guide upland hunts for and he said this year he can not do the match on the date i have chosen, but he is interested in doing it in future years. this will be a good place to have it, cause there are lodges that could be used for people that are from out of town, there is lots of land and facilities. the reason we cant do it there this year on my date is due to another group being in there and having something going on. so i am still working on the location for this comming june, but i will get something

yesterday i got an envelope in the mail full of 100 dollar gift certificates. those should sweeten the pot for some shooters

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.