Long range with 22LR

I dont have any special bases or rings for the rifle. It is zeroed at 150yds and I normaly don't adjust the scope. I leave it on 3x and when shooting at 750yds the target is at the very bottom of my scope. I'm sure if the scope has enough MOA I might be able to use the 4th mil dot, but that might be pushing it.

As for the rifle it is a Savage Mdl 64 with a very different barrel that has a smaller bore than usual. Instead of being .215 on the lands like both of my Marlins it is .200 flat. Since most of you probly know more about barrels than I do, can you tell me if this is good or bad? By any means it is the most accurate 22 I have shot or owned and deffinately the most unique sounding. When standing to the side its sounds as if the bullet is zinging which at first made me believe the bullet was tumbling in flight, but there are no signs of that at any range.

sav300

I dont have any special bases or rings for the rifle. It is zeroed at 150yds and I normaly don't adjust the scope. I leave it on 3x and when shooting at 750yds the target is at the very bottom of my scope. I'm sure if the scope has enough MOA I might be able to use the 4th mil dot, but that might be pushing it.

sav300

LMFAO,

I live in MT, come on up I have $$$$ that says your full of Sh!t

AKA Smokin99

LMFAO,

I live in MT, come on up I have $$$$ that says your full of Sh!t

AKA Smokin99

Lol I assure that I can do it. Which part are you calling B.S. on?
I leave it on 3x to still see the target. I can't see it when Im on 12x. I'm not trying to pull any legs here.

Well I assure you that the post is not BS. I honestly thought some of you would have actually tried this before. If you havent you should to see that I'm not pulling your leg. A video might be possible, if you dont mind "ok" quality. I will try to get one made up for you.

I have no clue what my sight picture @ 1000yds is. I have only taken a few shots at that distance(not for accuracy).

Now not to be cocky, but what are you betting Magnus??

sav300

Sav 300 , You crack me up.This post is a complete waste of time and space on this website. What ever Magnus bets, I'll double it!!
Bring your plinker out here and we'll settle this. I'm in Montana as well.
If you haven't noticed, there not a bunch of people chiming in with you because there laughing there *** off at you!!
Go find someone else to entertain light bulb

Last edited:
What's the B.C of a .22lr bullet? I worked it out as somewhere around .100-.120 going by manufacturers stated muzzle/100 yard velocities

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.