Long Range Spots

Kevin Cram

Without giving away the whereabouts lets see some of your views from where you long range hunt from. This is one of our many long range locations, the snow really makes it nice to glass.

Ramsey.jpg

Good grief! You must invite me out there, we hit PA a lot for yotes and the 500 yard range(ohio sucks for longrange rifle, both shooting and hunting).

I keep looking at that pic and drool every time! Sooooo very jealous!!!

that's a real pretty looking spot. there are quite a few of them upstate Pa. only problem is there aren't any deer to shoot at any more.

Here is where I hunt in the Paw Paw bends of the Potomac. There are actually about five deer bedded down in the picture.

makelk.jpg

Here are a few views of where I hunt in Idaho.

bowl5_edited.jpg

bowl-1.jpg

bowl1_edited.jpg

that's a real pretty looking spot. there are quite a few of them upstate Pa. only problem is there aren't any deer to shoot at any more.

Dave,
:DYou must be hunting the wrong spots or need some biger glasses LOL.:D I won't mention what region of the state I'm hunting as I don't what 100 guys looking for our spots. I only got to hunt 4 days in 07' and although I didn't see the amount of deer I used to back in the late 80's early 90's what I did see was just about every deer we picked up had a set a horns and most of them where a very nice set of horns at that. We put a ton of pre-season scouting time in and several trail cameras around so we know where to concentrate our hunting efforts.

DCP_0046.jpg
DCP_0035.jpg
DCP_0033.jpg
DCP_0039.jpg

DCP_0040.jpg

1st pic i was"posing"for the camera,i thought it was a neat picture.2nd pic glassing with 20x80 celestron binos.3rd pic,our aluminum bench,portable,with straps.packs in like a treestand.savage 110fp,300wm.walnut br stock(unfinished,just got it together enough to hunt with it).4th/5th pics,same spot,950 yards to top of gasline,500+left and right of gasline.looks much better with snow.easier to glass with snow too.
DCP_0046-1.jpg

got these pa bucks long range with snow last season,my brother on right,good friend on left.​

sorry guys

:mad:this was my first attemp at posting pictures.thanks to my wife,or this computer may have found a new home in the driveway:).the post didnot come out like the preview did.the pics were on top of each other in the preview.what happened ?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.