long range shooting system by SSG pix & vid.

Nate My Brother,

She is a beaut for sure, However with no offense meant, she falls just short of the one you just sent me. ..I love my rig bro..

Kindest Regards and Incredible Insight Brother.

adam32,

I'm getting $750 for complete action minus trigger, fully assembled and ready to install a barrel. Includes receiver body, bolt stop, recoil lug (double pinned), PTG bolt, extractor (sako or M16), ejector, helical fluting by SSG, tigged on bolt handle by SSG, bolt knob by SSG, accelerated firing pin assembly by PTG.

I have 10 of them on order from Phoenix I have about three left without names on them yet. I would like to eventually keep some in stock.

Thanks for the kind words,
308nate

Thanks for the replies Nate. If I didn't just do a .243 AI, and didn't just buy a MRI .270 Win I would be having you build me one!!

You also have a PM about another project.

Adam

That interrupted fluting is some cool looking stuff. I have only seen one other that came close to looking that nice. It is perfect, I hope she does well for you in F-class.....and in the field. I may have missed it but what bullet are you planning on shooting?

Hes shooting the 180 Bergers but about 600fps slower than you run them out of that 7mm-338 Lapua :D gotta pull your chain about that , still amazes me that the action diden't get ruined.

I to like that interuped fluting and from the reports from Nate and a couple other guys those Brux barrels are a real bargin , if you buy 10 you get #11 free , that ma be somthing for you and Mr Don to think about Eddybo

I am laughing about my 3690fps 180gr berger.........now.

Buy 10 get one free.....hmmmm that is very tempting. I am going to look into that. I will probably need 10 more to get one right:) I ruined my first barrel:mad: But learned a bunch of lessons. I may have enough shank left to thread it for a savage, will have to check. I have a barrel sitting on the shelf by my lathe waiting on my to get my nerve up.

I have a buddy that has a barrel fluted like that and coated by birdsong it is a beauty, but the spacing on Nate's barrel is much better, not as busy.

Nate I was wondering why you went with 7mm-300WSM instead of the regular 7mmWSM? Was it so that you could use the Norma brass? NICE rig and I'm looking foward to getting mine back from you. Funds are on the way.

David

Nate I was wondering why you went with 7mm-300WSM instead of the regular 7mmWSM? Was it so that you could use the Norma brass? NICE rig and I'm looking foward to getting mine back from you. Funds are on the way.

David

David,
Yes, it was so I could use Norma brass. Other benefits were a longer neck
and the option of using .270 or .300 brass. I also thought through the reloading die options and custom dies are not required for this chambering.
I offer dies ready to go for a very reasonable price.

All the best,
308Nate

600 yard target

Took her out to 600 yds. this morning. Took the brake off and put on the thread cap as I was zeroing it for the reginal "F" class match tomorrow and here is a five shot group on my steel plate. The three shots on the bottom are right at 1/2" the other two open her up to 2-1/2". There are only 5 new impact spots on the steel, but the paint chipped away pretty far (high and right). The next three weeks untill antalope season is going to go by pretty slow...........

All the best,
308nate

7mm600.jpg

looks awesome looks like its not too bad with the recoil so much practice will be a joy have fun with both, the practice and the years of hunting you will be sure to do with this beast.gun)

I know this thread is about 2 yrs old but do you know what the weight of this rig is (was)? I am looking to build a very similar unit, probably a Defiance action, Sendero Taper Fluted Hart, Manners MCS-T1, also trying to keep it around that 9.5lb mark before optics, dont know if its going to be possible to have a 28" barrel and still be under 10lbs or not.

Do you have any advice to give someone that will be building a 7WSM on a long action. How did you like the Kwik Klip mag system?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.