long range shooting system by SSG pix & vid.

WOW

Very nice rifle. I particularly like the barrel and the brake. Looks freaking SWEEEEET!!!

How much are those barrels going for?? Never heard of them.

3000fps w/180g VLD is a nice combo...

Way cool rifle !!!!!
That is a dream long range set-up .

It cost a lot of money to get set up with the "good stuff " to shoot at longrange -way more than a gun and a rangefinder.

The recoil in the vid looks very manageable!!
Good job-good luck this fall...Mike

Very nice Nate! Thats why you are doing my next one!

Really like the barrel fluting!

So whats an action like that go for?

Desert Fox,

Do you recognize the stock? You've had it in your hands before. This is the woodland camo A-5 I got in on trade from you. I'll post some long range results shortly. I have the regional "F" class match to shoot at the end of the week.

308Nate

Yes I did! It does look familiar.

adam32 , the Phoenix action with lug and PT&G bolt will run you under $700 finished or very close to it , figure up the cost of buying a rem 700 then making it work like this one and you'll be way above that cost and it won't be nearly as well made

adam32 , the Phoenix action with lug and PT&G bolt will run you under $700 finished or very close to it , figure up the cost of buying a rem 700 then making it work like this one and you'll be way above that cost and it won't be nearly as well made

Thats not bad at all, even a little cheaper then a Stiller.

I wonder how they compare?

man you made me cry i fell in love from the first picture (rifle pic) now i can´t sleep wondering why you didn´t put a night force on it LOL, super rifle and super great job.

Whoaaaa! That's one trick looking rifle. And deadly accurate to boot. Very nice. I want one...

Very nice Nate! Thats why you are doing my next one!

Really like the barrel fluting!

So whats an action like that go for?

adam32,

I'm getting $750 for complete action minus trigger, fully assembled and ready to install a barrel. Includes receiver body, bolt stop, recoil lug (double pinned), PTG bolt, extractor (sako or M16), ejector, helical fluting by SSG, tigged on bolt handle by SSG, bolt knob by SSG, accelerated firing pin assembly by PTG.

I have 10 of them on order from Phoenix I have about three left without names on them yet. I would like to eventually keep some in stock.

Thanks for the kind words,
308nate

Thats not bad at all, even a little cheaper then a Stiller.

I wonder how they compare?

First of all the Stiller are very good actions, but the Phoenix at this point has my interest a fair bit more due to the extra options such as longer thread tennon, a couple port options, tang options and the fact that I can do the bolt work to my specs. The Phoenix seem to be very smooth in operation.

308nate

man you made me cry i fell in love from the first picture (rifle pic) now i can´t sleep wondering why you didn´t put a night force on it LOL, super rifle and super great job.

So I'm not the only on with that problem, laying awake at night with gun designs going through my head:D

Thanks for the kind works,
Nate

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.