Long Range Shooters in Lubbock TX?

I just moved here from Arizona. Where can I go shoot?

I'm guessing you have found rustic range. But as u probably know it only goes to 100 yards. Let me know if you or anyone else has found a long range. I can't believe there isn't one here!!!!

It's pretty ridiculous that there is all this wide open space here and no range longer than football field.

If you dont mind driving, there is a 300yd range in Big Spring (near Midland, @2hrs drive), and the closest 1000yd range I know of is in Mingus (near Abilene, @3.5hrs)

Here's a pretty handy link for Texas shooters, it's a directory of ranges with what they offer.

Hunting Directory - Texas Shooting Ranges Gun Clubs- Huntingnavigator.com

There is a guy in Post that has a range, I don't think it is a public range but I used to shoot trap there. He has or a friend has some long guns. The range is used for the 4H trap kids but has a adhoc rifle range beside it. You might try to get in touch with Mark Kirkpatrick the guy that owns the range is named Monk not sure if that is his real name or nickname. You might ask Charles in Sharp Shooters he may know him. Not sure if he will let you shoot but worth a try.

We've got a 200 yard range and a 300 yard range up here in Amarillo. A little closer than midland is.

Just wanted to touch base on this again... Iam in midland and would be interested to know of anything that came of this.. We have 530 here at MSA, but I would like something a little longer.

Thanks!
Calvin

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.