Long range scopes

Ultramag45

Are there any high end scopes out there that are easy to dial in like the Huskema.... i have a Leupy 4.5 14 with BC reticle... that is about as easy as it gets... only to 600 yds though.. The huskema has a very user friendly idea.... Big Numbers on it 4 5 6 7 8 9 Hundred. dial and shoot... But not sure of the quailty... Gonna have Shawn build me a rifle.Please let me know if there is, maybe Leupold custom or Nightforce... trying to stay away from the computing numbers while hunting..

OK Researched the Kenton Industries turrets... that looks like it would answer my questions, although how accurate are they, Is there anyone out there that have used these out 800 yds or so.

Someone posted a method for creating your own 'kenton like' turrets. I think it was BuffaloBob or GoodGrouper ??

Anyway, they printed the info in a word doc with the correct size fonts and then taped it to the turret. That way you could just have several printed/cutout and use the one that is called for that day.

I did some searching and couldn't find the listing.

I'll keep looking though, it might save you some $$'s

AJ

All the guys (est 30+) that I have talked to about the have been very happy with them.

Mike @ CSGW

Kenton Industries can make the turrets as accurate as possible. But you have to put some serious work into it. You can go with the custom turrets and tell them how many clicks you adjust for 250, 300, and so on and the bullets weight and velocity and the other information and you will get a turret that matches your scope perfectly.

I am in the process of going out and shooting getting a click count for them so they can cut my turrets.

By you telling them your click count even if your scope is off a little bit or not quite .25 for each click you telling them the clicks takes care of that problem.

Do you still need to start with a scope that has target turrets????

Or will these Kenton turrets go on in place of the standard low dials?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.