Long Range Pursuit TV Show

coyotezapper

I watched the premier of "Long Range Pursuit" last night on the Sportsman channel and I am surprised that nobody else has commented on it. I found it interesting that it aired opposite of BOTW. It was a decent show much like BOTW but I am curious to what other thought of it.

Are you saying it ran at the same time as BOTW??? If so this is getting ridiculous. So much drama happens under the BOTW title. I like the Huskemaw and hope nothing happens to them.

I wish Aaron all the best of luck.
He has always been a class act in any dealings I have had with him.
James Hurst

I thought it ran thur.30th? Will I get that on cable? I get outdr. and sprtsmn From Lens post

I hope it dont come with two pro bull riders.

I guess John Porter will stay with BOTW. He seems like a decent guy. I'd like to have seen Christiansen Outdoors before John Mogle( what a dou...bag ) narrated it. I heard it had some LRH stuff on it.

Some times these show changes are good and some are not. Currently 80% of the shows on the OC, Versus, and Sportsmans, are really crappy and look like home videos produced by illiterate knobbs and bowling alley refugees. BOTW is the only really technical show as American Rifleman and Guns & Ammo produce pap and let the good tech stuff for their print magazines. I like the Davidsons, they seem like decent guys and I hope they do well. I'll be DVRing their stuff.

Long Range Pursuit did not air over my cable channel earlier this week either. It did, however, air today and I was able to record and watch it.

I enjoyed the show very much, including the technical portion. I join others here in wishing the Davidson brothers much success in their newest endeavors. They have inspired many of us to competently stretch our boundaries.

I'm hoping the show I watched today [Thursday, December 30] is a rerun of what was aired earlier in the week. Utah? Bore protection? I hate to think I missed an episode already.

Matt

I got to watch the show tonight. All it all it was pretty decent. The shot directly into the sun was a little hard to see but after I rewound it about 3 times I could just catch the bullet wash going out a. The cnc barrel set up was interesting. I'm still trying to figure out why the range rod was held in the tail stock though. I wish the best to both Aaron and Mike for putting together a long range tv show.

Nice, now we have two long range hunting shows. More long range hunting video action! Its all good! Probably have a couple more pop up before too long. It is a fascinating endeavor that probably pulls down some decent ratings. Probably not a shortage of perspective sponsors who have shooting/hunting products that fit with long range hunting. Time will tell.

Sure beats the heck out of watching billy bob shoot a whitetail from the deer stand at 80yds!

Last edited:
Sure beats the heck out of watching billy bob shoot a whitetail from the deer stand at 80yds!

I'm with ya on this, but it should say "watching Billy Bob MISS a whitetail from the deer stand at 80 yards!"

These hunting shows are getting rediculous, everybody and their brother seems to have one now a days. And for the most part they all seem the same. Just goes to show ya how big a business hunting has become. At least these guys are bringing something to the table.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.