Long Range Mule Deer on Navajo Res (AZ)

That is one of the better produced videos I've seen.

Good find.

Since I've been in Los Alamos, I've traipsed round the Jemez Mtns and have driven and oogled at the scenery at several of the Pueblos. Its beautiful country to say the lease.

I was impressed with the two fellas in the video. There were well outfitted. I wonder if they have ever hung out here??

Also, I'm going through a Tony Hillerman book about every 2 days. I just find the shady side of a juniper open the book, read and dream. Pretty good life.

Nice video, I've shot a lot of Mulies with the 7mm Rem Mag.

Mulies and 7mm Rem Mag, it's a great combination.

Thanks for posting the video.

AJ

Wow, nice buck and a dandy shot. I can only hope that my deer this year will be that big (not happening). Really nice job on the camera too.

That is the kind of hunt that keeps me dreaming.
Great shot on a walking buck at that distance!!! WOW.
Thanks for posting.

After I posted the video I emailed Jake and here his response:

Thank You, working on this video was extremely fun having a chance to hunt with my father and to actually utilize my Film Making techniques. I've been a Film Maker for quiet some time short films, documentaries all that great stuff but when it came to doing a video about Hunting it hit home. As for making any more videos yes I've work a few hunting vids and I do plan on posting some more with my father Jason Hoyungowa. He is a guide for the Navajo and has taken awesome footage over some time of his clients hunts and other great footage of the flourishing Deer and Elk population around Northern Arizona. This coming season we are expecting to make some more videos. I appreciate that you've spread the video out to other hunters around the country to help fuel their passion for this sport. Thank you, Jake Hoyungowa

I'm glad we could all enjoy the video. I look forward to meeting Jake some day.

Scott

coues7,

I think the fella has a future in the cinematography arena.

There was quality displayed that was evident in all phases. Every time he spoke he spoke with knowledge and experience. The footage spoke for itself.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.