Long range Kudu hunt with a twist!(VIDEO)

Wow...

Let's all chip together and buy Karoi a 300 Win. Mag! It might make his retirement years a bit easier!

What an amazing video and what amazing people!

Thanks for sharing!

just think now he has to carry him and the animal all the way back just after he had ran for several hours. we complain when we have to drag or carry out a pack just for 1 mile or little more. i bet he did not bone the meat out either.
great video makes me appreciate my rifle and my 4 wheeler or even a horse at times.
most people are blessed far more than they ever realize

Sounds like they follow the one with the biggest rack too, but they do it for practical reasons, because it is heavier!! Amazing video!

i have a whole different take on this ...... the words that come to mind are "Phony", "Staged" and ********, with a capital B.......the bushmen of the Kalihari were determined hunters and they are the best trackers in the world, but running down a Kudu???? not likely.....they used arrows dipped in poison to kill their quarry....this is some bunny hugger production meant to cast aspersions on us who dont do it the "right" way....notice all the overhead shots???? now how do you suppose that helicopter was up there and not spooking the game? notice as the heroic kerio is pouring sand on the kudo there seems to be a small caliber bullet hole in the upper shoulder/lower spine area.......hmmm.... and whats with the cuttoff jeans and nike running shoes? phony liberal spin production i say.....AJ

that has got to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I dont think I'll ever take up persistance hunting, I think I'll stick to LR!! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look at my beat up old pickup and mediocer rifle with alot more appreciation this season!
JM

Dogdinger you know those kudu are used to helicopters:D +1 on what Dogdinger said....It's a phony

it is a documented hutning tactic. though your suspitions of a set up are probably true it is still a comendable way of hunting and I am glad that I saw the clip.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.