Long Range in New Jersey???

Coues Sniper

Hey guys,

Moving to New Jersey soon for work, and wanted to know if there are any long range minded shooting ranges, clubs or groups, etc. there or in the area (office is in East Hanover). I know that I won't be able to hunt with my longrange rig in Jersey, but I want to still be able to shoot and practice for out of state hunts that I plan on doing. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Hey guys,

Moving to New Jersey soon for work, and wanted to know if there are any long range minded shooting ranges, clubs or groups, etc. there or in the area (office is in East Hanover). I know that I won't be able to hunt with my longrange rig in Jersey, but I want to still be able to shoot and practice for out of state hunts that I plan on doing. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

I would go west to Pa. shouldn't be that far and plenty of places to shoot

Also there is Bridgeville, DE has a 600 yd range and was talk of a 1000 yd range, I have shot 600 BR IBS there, and know they have some other disciplines also.

Mifflin Co Pa sportsmens club which is near Lewistown Pa has an 1100 range and great shooting facilities. It's all four lane on I-80 from NJ to the club for the most part. They also have all kinds of shooting matches you can participate in.

Welcome to Mifflin County Sportsmens Club. Lewistown, PA.
Looks like an exceptional Range, just wish it was closer. Thanks Frank.

Also there is Bridgeville, DE has a 600 yd range and was talk of a 1000 yd range, I have shot 600 BR IBS there, and know they have some other disciplines also.
Thanks Truc. That's even farther than Mifflin though.

Appreciate the help guys!

hello,don,t you know its NJ your taking about! Central Jersey is a 300yrd.,Cherry Ridge in Sussex are popular.Fort Dix had a range. With current webmail I just read you will also have to travel to a gun store for ammo. Sport stores aren't that common anymore.Bills in current state issues(over 20) about firearms look bad!.Reconcider your move if shooting is your passion!

Cumberland Riflemen (600 yards) in Millville but that is also a 3+ hour drive. I would look into PA. I do not belong to Cumberland but I am considering it.

By the way, many of us who life in NJ want out. Can't say I didn't warn you.

Zep and Dskiper, I appreciate the heads up on Jersey life. It was a hard decision to make to move there, and I know what I'm leaving behind (in NV). But my hand was pretty much forced and there's no turning back now.

I live in southern most New Jersey and it is really kind of nice. Great fresh produce all summer/fall and the shore and bay points are fun for day trips. Lots of open fields and woods, I will certainly miss it if I don't go some where much like it.

Northern NJ has its strong points as well, especially if you have kids. NYC has a lot to offer. I know several people, myself included that would move into NYC if it weren't so expensive. I would not want to stay there for the rest of my days but a few years right now would be a good thing. In NJ you are going to have some very good medical, Philly has some of the best facilities in the World.

Welcome to New Jersey!

Thanks Zep! The family is a big reason I am making the move. I've been commuting for work the last 22 months and have only been able to see my wife and 2 year old son 4 days a month. Taking this position in Jersey means I see them every day. Which is huge considering my wife is due with our 2nd (a girl) in late May. All things being equal, Jersey wouldn't have been my first choice. But for my career and to see my family more, it's the right decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.