Long range archery bull

Muley73

I was able to take this bull a couple weeks ago. 70 yard shot and he was down in less than 10 seconds only traveled 50 yards. If you spend the time shooting the new equipment is just amazing.

Bullbody.JPG

CodysBull1.jpg

CodyBullClose.JPG

I am shooting-

Hoyt Alpha Burner

Goldtip Hunters

Blazer vanes

Ripcord rest

Ulmer Edge broadheads

Very impressed with the Ulmer Edge heads this year. Wasn't a huge fan of mechanicals but after reading literally 100s of reviews I decided to give these a try this year. I was not disapointed, the heads flew perfect and damage was devastating.

First group from 70 yards with the Ulmer Edge after sighting in with field points. Those kind of groups stayed extremely consistant. I was trying to stay tight against the shoulder when I shot and I actually pulled about 3 inches to the left, the broadhead drove through the shoulder blade and buried in the offside shoulder. Broadhead was in perfect shape after, very very impressed.

Attachments

• Arrows1.JPG
    Arrows1.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Arrows2.JPG
    Arrows2.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 113
  • shotplacement.JPG
    shotplacement.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 95
Good to hear bout the Ulmer heads. I used the shuttle-tlocks on a nice New Mexico bull sept 6th. I went to their website to send them a email on how well their broadhead performed, and learned about the expandable. Thinking of using them in Iowa come Nov. instead of my 2" meatseekers that I use for deer hunting.
Nice bull!

Don't tell the treestand guys back East!
Thats awesome! I smoked a nice mulie at 65. To hunt out west you have to be able to reach out when your compound hunting... Now I shoot a longbow and 40 seems like a poke!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.