Long Range AR15 Complete Upper

creedmoorshooter21

I'm looking for an out of the box ar15 complete upper in 5.56/223 to shoot long range. I don't really have a budget. I want a longer barrel, between 18-22". Most of my shooting will be done shorter than 800yds. I'm looking for a quality upper. Out of the box, not looking to build something custom yet.

Thanks in advance, Devin.

One more vote for Whiteoak. I've got a Whiteoak barrel on my 6.8 and love it, kind of a different creature, but very accurate. Whiteoak came highly recommended by some of the competition shooters, so I gave em a try. Everything they make is high quality. The stupidly long wait for any good AR tube right now is the only problem. Good luck on your search. Let us know what you find.

Seems like were after about the same critter. However I'm building my AR-15 instead of spending all that money for a mil spec weapon. I've currently got a WOA Wilson Match barrel on back order. WOA uses their own varmint chamber for some of their .223's. Its close to the Wylde chamber but with much less free bore. So If your wanting to shoot the lights and not in a big hurry you might look them up.

Here's what I've ordered. With the optional fluting and black DuraCoat options.
White Oak Armament | AR15 Barrels | 20 inch .223 Varmint Barrel | 1 in 8 Twist with fitted Gas Manifold

My long range AR15 has a rock river arms 20 inch upper. It shoots tighter than most people can hold. White oak armament is another outfit that builds good stuff for a fair price. Barrel length is strictly personal preference. the extra length will get your more speed but it won't get you any more accuracy. whether or not that extra speed will do you any good depends on what you want your rifle to do. Either one of these companies have stuff from 16 to 24 inches.

I have 5 ar's

One has a WOA most accurate gun I own but it's a 1-12 twist very limiting on bullet weights

I have two different DPMS SS bull fluted barrels both sub MOA for sure

One Lother Walther 20" vartac 1-8 twist shoots sub MOA chamber finish is a bit ruff though not overly impressed with it.

One Bushmaster HBar chrome lined 2 MOA gun with most factory rounds sub MOA with handloads it likes

I would go with a WOA personally I just tried to get them to make me a AR 308 barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor I'm so impressed with the one of theirs I have but they said they where not running any 6.5 barrels any time soon so I went with a Krieger 26" NM in 6.5 creedmoor for my next AR 308 build.

With a couple of my guns with 20" 1-8 twist barrels running 75gr hpbt match hornady bullets I can get out to around 800 yards, 600 yards no problem with 75 or 80 gr Amax's that you can't load to AR mag length you may be able to stretch out a little farther if you don't mind single loading the rounds. If you have an adjustable gas block and turn it off that may help a little bit also out to around 800 yards 20" barrel will get you there past that I would suggest a longer barrel 24" maybe will get you to 1000 yards

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.