Long range ar

John McKinney

Hey everybody it's John from southwestern Pennsylvania. I've been looking into purchasing a long range rifle. I've seen on several different forums everybody argues about what caliber to use... Guess a lot of this has to do with personal preference. So I am looking into a long range ar. I need something rock solid, flat shooting, and capable of reaching past 500 yards easily without to much wind issues.

I now have a savage model 25 .204 ruger and have reached out to 630 yards... Not with ease I may add. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking 20 inch heavy fluted barrel on the ar as well... Good or bad?

Thanks John

Welcome fellow PA member!

I too am interested in a Long Range AR. I am leaning toward a rock river arms LAR8 A4 Varmint with a 26" barrel.

I called rock river last week for some info and the women I talked to said they had a 20" model available!

Many to choose from also you could buy the pieces individually and build your own. Best of luck!

Thanks C.O. Shooter il look into rock river! Any ideas on an all around solid caliber?... Will mainly use for groundhogs and yotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.