long range antelope--kinda!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by losthelegend, Nov 1, 2012.

1. losthelegend

losthelegend Well-Known Member

I haven't posted much on this forum because I have never thought of myself as a long range hunter. But, all of this money I have spent on a rangefinder, optics, ballistic apps and time spent reloading and practicing has finally paid off! I was able to harvest this antelope in the WY high desert at 543 yards with a 270 win in a Rem 700 BDL with a single shot! My previous longest shot was my elk this year at approx 180 yards. I am currently waiting for my 338 lapua on a Rem 700 action to be finished being built, so I am super excited to get started and hopefully become a better shooter! I have read and read hundreds of posts on this forum and have gained tons of knowledge! Thanks for all your posts!

photo[2].jpg

2. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Well-Known Member

Nice Shot & Antelope .. Good Hunting

3. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Getting the practice, equipment, and confidence to go beyond 500 yds is the first big step.

4. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

That's a good poke at a good pronghorn! Congratulations. My brother and I and 2 friends have agreed to put in for WY pronghorn for 2013.

Please share your 270 load and how it does on target.

All the best

5. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

Great job! Where were you hunting? We hunt zone 6 near Newcastle every year.