long range 300 win mag match load

creedmoorshooter21

Does anyone have a favorite or most accurate load that they would like to share with a rookie reloader? Bullet, powder, primer and all. Just got into the reloading game and I plan on getting a 300 win mag rifle for long range target shooting very soon and I thought I would do some research ahead of time. Probably the savage 110 BA or savage 110 FCP HS Precision.

I usually hunt with my 300 win and shoot 165 hdy fb with rl22 under 'em lit by a 215 in win brass. I have a fair amount of time with this cal. with heavy pills too( before I got a 30 Rum). I don't know your preferred bullet weight but my current 300 win (browning) likes the 220 smk pushed by a bunch of 7828 in win brass. It'll net 2700+ fps and shoot 1/2 moa or better. I've worked with 190's and h1000 in prior rifles and they were the cat's meow. If you are staying in the 165-180 grain range you need look no further than rl22.

I usually hunt with my 300 win and shoot 165 hdy fb with rl22 under 'em lit by a 215 in win brass. I have a fair amount of time with this cal. with heavy pills too( before I got a 30 Rum). I don't know your preferred bullet weight but my current 300 win (browning) likes the 220 smk pushed by a bunch of 7828 in win brass. It'll net 2700+ fps and shoot 1/2 moa or better. I've worked with 190's and h1000 in prior rifles and they were the cat's meow. If you are staying in the 165-180 grain range you need look no further than rl22.

For bullet weight I am leaning toward 190 so I should experiment with h1000 powder?

i shoot 72.5 re-22 , lapua brass, 210 berger . . 010 off out of my remington sendero. h-1000 would be good too.

I have great luck with:

Win Brass properly prepped
208 Gr Amax
79.5 Gr of h1000
CCI BR2 Primers

Easily a 1/4 MOA load. I shot a .258 MOA group from a wobbly bench into a gusting wind group with this load. Havnt shot for group since but from shooting on the in laws farm I easily shot a 6" steel plate at 368 yards. I mean as in out of 50 shots I dont miss in varying wind.

The new Berger 230 Target on top of h1000 and Federel 215 Match primers has work very well for under sub 1/2 MOA and at 2700 FPS it will get you out to a mile without issue assuming you and your rifle are up to it.

Google "Chocolate Ice cream for your rifle" this is the OCW method. Works like a charm.

CCI BR2 Primer are very consistent but I think if I switched to the hotter fed match primer I may get a little lower ES the 300 win is about as big a case as you'll want to go with the CCI BR2's.

I have great luck with:

208 Gr Amax
79.5 Gr of h1000

Curious as to your barrel length/twist , velocity, and coal for that load?
Reason I ask is I started a similar load for a 26" barrel, since it was cold weather I quit at 77grs, (group accuracy was very good)waiting for warmer weather to finish development to see if can get more speed but don't want to work up max velocity load in the winter then find out too hot when weather warms up.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.