long range 22-250

it sounds like a lot of work. my problem is that a 220 swift requires me to buy all new reloading supplies. I have about 500 new brass and 500 shot once brass in the 22-250. I have the reloading dies already also. I would just need bullets and powder. that is why I thought a 1 in 7 twist barrel upgrade on my 22-250 would be cheaper in the long run. I would put it on a 28" barrel which would help me on velocity a little. the Ackley would be the closest gun to using the brass I already have, not sure if I want to fire form all of that brass. that is a lot of rounds down the tube just to form a high number of brass. Im really going to have to think about this build. you guys have given me a lot of good ideas and advise and I appriciate it greatly. Im definately doing the project I just need to decide, fire form or just load and shoot. decisions decisions. thanks guys for your input.
Shoot just load up what you have with cheap bullets and go spend a weekend shooting prairie dogs and coyotes.

You can burn a hell of a lot of powder in a weekend, fire form your brass, and have a great time while you are at it. On top of all of that it'l give you an excuse to make an extra hunting trip this year!

I was in your boat and didnt care to fireform brass out of the ai. I went with a 22-243 8 twist 26" Broughton shooting the 75 A-max 3500 with no signs of pressure. Im using the Laupa brass very inexpensive comparing the laupa to the larger calibers. Just size it down to 22 caliber load and shoot. The dies was a little salty but a very impressive cart. I have had several groups in the teens and 2's. I was only able to take one groundhog so far do to heat and time but i hit it in the neck and it actually drove it eyes out of the sockets. I have never seen anything so tore up before.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts