long heavy barrel picture request

beautiful rifles there . I appreciate all the pictures helps give m ideas .Is there any gunsmiths building 338 norma mags someone who has the experience to get it to feed ?

im pretty set on the 375 rum been wanting a 375 cal for sometime but not as big as the cheytac. want to keep rem 700 action for all the aftermarket goodies. I want to get a few different stocks. looking at the wyatt cfe9 box mag to I think I could get those 300gr ceb vlds to feed in it . jbm show that bullet at 3000 fps with 2000 ft lbs of energy at 1k.

Seekins makes a DBM that allow 3.9" OAL (It's what I'm using in my edge) The .375 350GR SMK may be a better choice if you go with seekins DMB. You'll need to have the smith throat the chamber for the SMK's for best results. Still I dont know of many people having a lot of success with the 375 RUM for ELR. How fast do you plan on launching those 300 Grainers?

I have a Rem 700 in 338 Norma Mag, just like you said I got a PTG bolt w/Lapua bolt face.
Haven't got it feeding from the mag yet but will try using a HS Precision detachable mag set up and modified 300 Win mag, hope it works out.

Let me know if you find a mag that feeds reliably. I want to build a .338 NM rifle on a tube gun chassis.

I contacted AD arms through facebook. If I go with the 338 norma I want to try the 280gr lrx. I seen some impressive hunts on here of with 338 magnums .
my favorite was of a elk that got hit at 800 yrds by a 300gr otm.
I have enough lapua ammo left over to sell and by a single stage press

got a picture of your lapua or is it still being built ? Going to chrono your loads im interested in what velocity you get . I did think about a modoified heavy palma contour where it steps down to 1.00" then it stays 1.00" to the muzzle instead of .900 but it would probably have more barrel whip than a cylinder barrel . plus id hate for them to make a mistake. I got ahold of pacnor they usually email me back soon

I thought I had a picture, but it doesn't seem like I do. I built the rifle 10 years ago, and traded it out a couple of years back.

I contacted AD arms through facebook. If I go with the 338 norma I want to try the 280gr lrx. I seen some impressive hunts on here of with 338 magnums .
my favorite was of a elk that got hit at 800 yrds by a 300gr otm.
I have enough lapua ammo left over to sell and by a single stage press

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6HAIm1pX4]Defensive Edge Greatest Hits - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDk-tLZs5Q"]1016 Yard Black Bear Shot - DVD - YouTube[/ame]

I been talking to Andy at Ad arms great guy .
He was asking me how I intend to shoot it etc I told him prone position mostly
for target hooting. he recommended a heavy palma for a lighter muzzle over a cylinder barrel so it will balance better on the bipod . I like pacnors heavy palma the best because it tapers once after the chamber to .925 and then its straight cylinder to the muzzle .925 see point b and c are the same PAC-NOR Barreling, Inc. - Barrel Contours

I had asked him about using a savage action but he says a big 338 really needs a large shank I got no problem with the 700. just I could have got a savage action for less money .

I been talking to Andy at Ad arms great guy .
He was asking me how I intend to shoot it etc I told him prone position mostly
for target hooting. he recommended a heavy palma for a lighter muzzle over a cylinder barrel so it will balance better on the bipod . I like pacnors heavy palma the best because it tapers once after the chamber to .925 and then its straight cylinder to the muzzle .925 see point b and c are the same PAC-NOR Barreling, Inc. - Barrel Contours

I had asked him about using a savage action but he says a big 338 really needs a large shank I got no problem with the 700. just I could have got a savage action for less money .
Andy is a good dude for sure. Very helpful

He sure seems like it. i think most barrel makers are back logged a few months
a another question i wanted to ask if anyone has used the 325gr rmb bullet ?
Bc is listed at 1.035 how's there track record with accurate bcs ?

Side note i seen a 338 norma mag machine gun on google
awesome

He sure seems like it. i think most barrel makers are back logged a few months
a another question i wanted to ask if anyone has used the 325gr rmb bullet ?
Bc is listed at 1.035 how's there track record with accurate bcs ?

Side note i seen a 338 norma mag machine gun on google
awesome

Any 338 Norma Mag fans?

http://www.elr-resources.com/Sniper Pro .338 NORMA.pdf

338 norma magnum vs 338 lapua

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/338-norma-reloading-data-103697/

Thanks for those links I'm going to get started reading them.
Andy said I can get a 300 rum action and he can fit a ptg bolt to it for the conversion.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.