long heavy barrel picture request

myrifleisLapua

wanting to get some picture of long heavy barrels 28"+ . actually im hoping to see if anyone here is using a straight cylinder barrel like 1.250" or similar . also would like to see some pictures of barrels over 30" like 32-34". I seen that pacnor is the only company who makes a barrel over 30" correct ?

Look at the gun photo's forum. Also look at Kirby Allen's webpage.

You can get a barrel over 30" long from most barrel mfgs.

Almost all mfg will make you a barrel that long, but you are going to pay for every inch over their normal offered lengths.

search "black sunshine". I think that was the name of one of Kirby's prototype rifles for the .338 AM, If memory serves me correct it was a 40" or 42".

trebark those are some beautiful rifles especially the 300. Though I like the vias brake on the 260 I prefer that look of a radial brake . IM thinking on going with a 375 rum cutting edge bullets makes hunting vlds for the 375. they state their 300gr vld has a bc of 750 g1 which I think could be pushed to 3000 fps with the right barrel and powder. As ive been looking at reloading data. plus I could also shoot the other 375 bullets. I want to try the gmx I bought some for my 300 wm and never got t test them . after looking im think I am set on a cylinder 34" barrel.
my gunsmith is a big fan of cerakote as well but I would like a digital camo which he wont do . im in Georgia we don't have weight restrictions actually looked into buying a old jeep for hunting

hart wont do over 30"
im pretty sure shilen doesn't do over 28"
pacnor seems to just have the most choices but I think their website is down I cant seem to get it to load in my pc .

This is the 300 WAMBOMAG which is my version of the 30/338 Lapua Improved.
The Lilja barrel is 31" long without the brake and 32.75" with, 1.25" at the breech and .980" at the muzzle, launches a 210 VLD at 3250fps.

Attachments

• WAMBOMAG  w bag (2).jpg
    WAMBOMAG w bag (2).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 89
thanks for that picture I like that rig. have you thought about trying the new accubonds long range bullets? their 210 is suppose to have a bc of .730 and the 190gr a bc of .620 I think . they look very good in the jbm ballistics calculator .
do you hunt with that rifle ?

The only bullet I've used is the JLK 210 VLD, I think the new 210 Accubond LR BC is closer to what the 210 VLD is, Nosler has inflated the BC for advertising benefits from what I've read about them here.

I have not hunted with it as of yet, just LR plinking of sorts, shot it in a few 1000yd matches and won one time with a 3 target agg of 5.73" for 15 shots, small group was 4.062"

With it shooting that well I think I will stay with the 210 VLDS for now.

Hopefully some day it will take some game at long range.

she shoots as good as she looks then. I Really want to get a suppressor next year. elite iron makes a .375 can that ive been looking at . looking into getting into reloading equipment as well. 375 rum brass is on sale at midway for 20$!
in my lapua I was shooting 300gr otm bergers loaded to 3.760" for magazine feed they were a pleasure to shoot

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.