Long action savage duramaxx (spf)

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by comfisherman, Mar 7, 2014.

1. comfisherman

comfisherman Well-Known Member

Long action savage duramaxx stock, tan with black webbing.

It has the pillar area cut away for bedding. There are 2 spaces with some paint missing, a little spot next to the barrel nut, and in the corner of the bolt area. I tried to get a picture of it as best I could.

It has stainless studs, my el cheapo food scale says 2lbs 8 oz. These have a fairly open barrel channel for varmint/tactical diameter barrels.

Was on the rifle for about 15 rounds, then the McMillan came in the mail....

It was a step up from the factory plastic, but in all honesty its not as solid as a full glass stock.

110$ shipped in the lower 48

Postal Money orders preferred.

First Chronological PM of "ill take it" gets it, or if you need any other info pm me.

Attached Files:

2. 68WMEDICBP

68WMEDICBP Well-Known Member

Re: Long action savage duramaxx

Hello,
    Can you tell me the spacing on the mounting screws? I tried to look it up, but I could not find anything. I have a savage long action w accu trigger.
    BTW, what did you have mounted in it? Cal? Did it flex up front?
    I'm looking for a affordable stock for a build. just for decent accuracy gains over factory crap.
    Thanks
    Ben

3. comfisherman

comfisherman Well-Known Member

5.06 ctc hole spacing blind mag, it was on a 375 ruger.

Never prone or bench shot it, it did flex less than factory but more than a true glass stock.

As for accuracy gains with the stock, I cannot comment it was on a rifle with irons that hasn't been shot for groups since it was first built. Seems like the jury of forums debates the merit of the duramaxx, definitely looks better than the factory.

4. Buck300

Buck300 Well-Known Member

"I will take it" if it hasn't sold yet. PM sent