lol-here it is -the other 142 mk kill

Nice Job.....one happy hunter. !

Is that the A-5, or the A-4 stock....kinda looks more like the A-4 but it's hard to tell.

Paul

Good photo, nice elk, congrats.

But it looks like a "lap elk" to me! You sure that's not a pet and this is a gag photo!

Nice rifle, I believe I really like the Desert Camo stocks.

Do Match Kings kill??????
grin.gif

Good going.

Later
DC
smile.gif

stock is a a4,the desert camo seems to fit right in where i like hunt[and they look cool-lol] .pet elk,that wouldnt be much fun.as far mk's killing-thats the rumor.-dave

Dave

Trust me, I know how well they kill after "MANY" years of using them.

They work for many hunters who have tried them and at most any range.

Shhhhh Don't tell anyone, they won't beleive you---It's a paper punching bullet you know?

Later
DC
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Cool picture but I feel like I'm missing something here.

What cartridge? What distance? Why does that rifle look half again as big as the average rifle? Why havent I shot an elk like that?

the steaks are great just ate pile of sauteed medallions.the rifle is a 6.5-284 with a 26" tube.elk was shot at a shade under 250yds.as to why u havent killed an like that-i dont know-lol,its just a run of the mill cow,i have about a dozen of them as well as two nice bulls hanging out less than 400 yds. from my house right now.-dave

Very nice.

I actually havent taken it upon myself to persue elk yet but it is in the plan.

I'm still amazed at the appearance of the rifles size. Probably because it is closer to the camera. The grip looks like it is 2 inches in diameter and 5 inches from poll to the un named part that rests over the middle finger. And the stock fore-end looks like a slightly pared down 4x4. Hmm?

Any way, enjoy the fruits of your labor of love.

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited by: 4ked Horn ]

DO MATCH KINGS KILL? DUMB QUESTION, Yes they certainly do in Australia many shooters are now using Sierra 155Gr Palmer match and the Nosler 155 Match HP for goat hunting and some deer as well with very good results, Its sorta a big heavy Varmint pill on deer sized game it will get into the chest cavity and mostly not come out on the lighter goats with a shoulder shot it tears rite through them and out the other side with some two for one kills when the goat form up into a pack, when under pressure of the hunt. In Times recent I took my newest wildcat round on a goat hunt its what I call the .270 H&S ECHO ( see listing on www.ammoguide.com ) Its just a 250Savage case necked up to .277 Dia using a second hand Remington Pump Gun barrel in .270Win shortened down to 20" and re-chambered I worked up loads for it over a chrony using the little 115 Gr Sierra Match King HPBT pill, I can just push this pill at 3000FPS and a 130m shoulder shot is a through and through and a perfect kill every time 9 goat on the first day with this little match king all 1 shot kills from point blank to 200m
icon14.gif
:Dgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts