Loads for 7mm WSM w/ Barnes 150 TSX?

txsendero

Enjoying this forum very much, and getting great info from it.
Hoping to get some suggestions for a good accurate load (for deer hunting) for a Winchester Model 70 in 7mm WSM with the Barnes Triple Shock 150 gr. bullet. I already have Win brass and CCI 250 primers. Was thinking about trying the MagPro powder. Thanks for the suggestions.

Here is a suggestion: Scrap the tsx get yourself some berger 168's or 180's and jam them into the lands and go deer hunting. You'll crap at the damage they do. The b.c. on the 180 is .684! My load is as follows 68.3 grains of retumbo, Nosler brass, fed 215 primers. I shoot a deer above the shoulder this year w/ the 180 and the entrance hole was tiny and the exit hole was huge! Beware this load is .3 grains over max according to hodgon. Good luck

Last edited:
I shoot 168 SRMK, not that I have anything against the Barnes, but they are expensive. The Sierra performed well for me this year on 270 yard deer, with full penetration. I hear a lot o good stuff about the Bergers too. I have not found a load combination with them that shoots as well as the Sierras do in my gun. I would suggest you buy a box of each of the 168 s and shoot which ever shoots best. BTW, I am shooting MagPro powder and it works great.

Just go w/ the 180 it's spectacular, Trust me. The load was for the 180 but just email walter berger for a starting load on the 168 if you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.