Loads for 7mm RUM & 168 gr MKS

jsr

Was wondering if anybodys got any good loads worked up,preferably using RL 25?Any other powder would be fine but I'v had the best luck with the RL25 so far and I'v got plenty. Darryl,Boyd and Wyo..this better be good!
grin.gif
Just kidding, picked up a box today,kinda excited to try em. Jeff

Jeff

I don't have the 7mm RUM but, I have had several 7/300 Weatheby mags with 30" barrels and know what the max loads are for that cartridge and 168 Gr bullets.

My LR hunting load for the 7/300 Weatherby is 87 Grs of WC872 (Like H870) aith a Federal 215 primer and the 168 Gr Sierra MK.

Pressure, is max in that case with the above load.

That could be a good starting point for your RUM (using that powder) but, be careful. It could be a max load even in the 7/RUM case?

Darryl Cassel

Thanks Daryll,this is the main drawback (at least for me) concerning the caliber is the lack of load data,only have Hodgdons so far,and I do prefer the R25.I'm a novice at starting from scratch, as long as I have an idea where to start with a specific bullet weight,I'm OK but I understand you can get into trouble being too conservative?
shocked.gif
I'll put this up at bullets and bbls also(where I thought I was putting in the first place.
mad.gif
Sorry I really like these gremlins,46 yr old kid, Jeff

Jeff,
I know you are interested in RL-25 but you might check out the December 2000 issue of "Shooting Times" . Layne Simpson did an article on the 7 RUM. There is some data on H1000, IMR 7828, and RL22. He had not yet tested any H870, 50BMG, AA8700, or RL 25.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.